cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund request as Item Not Received but Delivered 2 months ago?

We sold a clamp meter on Thursday May 17th; shipped it Friday May 18th (to their PayPal confirmed address) and according to USPS tracking it was Delivered on Monday May 21st.

This morning we received a Refund Request on the basis of it not being received...more than two months after the fact?

When we shipped we sent the buyer the tracking number. If USPS said it was delivered on May 21st and the buyer had seen that by checking the tracking surely they'd have notified us long before now?

I'm assuming that we're OK but I can't help but wonder what kind of buyer waits over two months to claim that they didn't receive their purchase?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Disagree, you're obviously doing something wrong, won each and every one of my 8 chargebacks, delivery confirmation with a screenshot of the confirmed postage address is not up for arguement, that is seller protection, someone else using your card is not my problem, Paypal have to refund if they lose not the seller, as for the Mcdonalds with the same zip, go to your post master and ask for the GPS Delivery location of the return, prove to E Bay it was not returned.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@savent-0 wrote:

I provided tracking on a INR and won the first round. The buyer simply called ebay and said they meant to file "not described". Ebay told them to mail it back and provide tracking and they would refund. Never got item. Found out later  buyer sent empty enevolope  with Delevery confimation to local McDonalds with same zip. Ebay gave them there money back and helped them scam the item. Paypal will roll over on anyone if the customer does a chargeback.

For unauthorized or INR chargebacks PayPal offers seller protection.  Even If the buyer gets their money back as long as the seller followed the seller protection policy the seller won't be losing the money 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@savent-0 wrote:

I provided tracking on a INR and won the first round. The buyer simply called ebay and said they meant to file "not described". Ebay told them to mail it back and provide tracking and they would refund. Never got item. Found out later  buyer sent empty enevolope  with Delevery confimation to local McDonalds with same zip. Ebay gave them there money back and helped them scam the item. Paypal will roll over on anyone if the customer does a chargeback.

File mail fraud with the Post office and get the detailed delivery tracking report including the GPS delivery location.  File a fraud complaint with ic3.gov.  File a police report and have it forwarded to the buyers local PD, if the police dont' want to insist you need the filed police report for insurance.  Then take all the paperwork, appeal the refund and supply the paperwork as evidence.  You may get a courtesy refund from eBay.  Report the buyer for MBG abuse as well.

More importantly the buyer is now on the radar with the post office and police.  The PO takes mail fraud seriously, especially if they receive multiple filings on the same address.

Encourage other sellers to do the same when in this situation, it's the only way we as sellers can protect ourselves.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Uploading the tracking is half the process.

If you don't call that in it will time out or the buyer can escalate and you'll lose.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@elitefashions12-0 wrote:

Disagree, you're obviously doing something wrong, won each and every one of my 8 chargebacks, delivery confirmation with a screenshot of the confirmed postage address is not up for arguement, that is seller protection, someone else using your card is not my problem, Paypal have to refund if they lose not the seller, as for the Mcdonalds with the same zip, go to your post master and ask for the GPS Delivery location of the return, prove to E Bay it was not returned.

Once they change it to a SNAD with Pay Pal your up the creek with out a paddle. The only chance you have is to prove it was shipped back to the wrong address.

I don't know why these scammers file INR's first. That seems to be a trend. 

Same thing happened to me only on day 175 after the sale. No proof I showed Pay Pal was good enough.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply