cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund failed for this order

Hi,

I canceled an order per buyer's request, and all I got was the email "Refund failed for this order".

Tried to refund it via PayPal but paypal said  "We were unable to complete this payment. Please add funds to your PayPal account and try again". The paypal balance I currently have is what the buyer paid minus the ebay sales tax minus paypal fees. How the eff do I make a full refund? Do I need to put in money first then bug ebay to credit those back to me??

Thank you.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@xenotropic wrote:

As a casual seller, this is insanely horrible user experience that makes me less likely to sell on eBay in the future.  I sold an old $10 CPU on eBay not so much for money as just so it wouldn't go in the trash, seller realized an hour later it might not be compatible, now I have to waste my time transferring $1.27 in fees (for a sale that didn't happen!) into PayPal and then setting a reminder to process the refund in three days after ACH processes. Kafkaesque UX. 

I have always advised sellers to never deplete their PP account.  Always keep enough money in your account so you can process an refund if it comes along.  It is in both the seller and the buyer's best interest.

Returns are a fact of doing business on the internet no matter what site you sell on.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

d

Message 32 of 32
latest reply