cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieving Seller Offers for Viewing?

I've noticed that I've been receiving "SELLER OFFERS" for items I've only viewed when doing comps and not "watched". Is this something new? 

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Okay they DEFINITELY have bumped the sensitivity on what counts as "interested buyers" .... but I'm not so sure if it's with regard to receiving seller-sent offers, item price drops, or both.  I know I suddenly started getting lots of notices on price drops just within the past week or so, and most of them for items I looked at only once or maybe twice.  I can't remember if I've received any actual offers from sellers for items I showed that little "interest" in.  And when I did a round of sending offers yesterday, almost all of them said they'd be going to the same number of people as the item had 'watchers' (plus or minus one in a few cases).  So if offers are also going to more viewed-only buyers, it must be a phase-in thing that I'm not phased in as a seller, but definitely as a buyer.  And yeah it is irritating, because I don't want to turn off that kind of notification wholesale -I DO want to know if an item I'm WATCHING gets cheaper (via price drop or offer), but not every dang thing I click on.  

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

I guess I was under the impression that offers were sent only to watchers. If they keep coming for items only viewed, it will no doubt affect buyer strategies and annoy the heck out of sellers using the app to comp items.

This is starting to become a boardwalk of carnival games. Not a good look.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I wonder if eBay dropped the threshold for number of views before the item becomes eligible for a seller offer. IIRC, it used to be three.

I look at a lot of listings (usually to report them) just once and start receiving offers for the item.

I look at quite a few listings for comps but they're all solds, so I don't get offers. I expect if I browsed more or shopped live listings I would. I never send offers on listings that have no watchers just because of this.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I never send offers on listings that have no watchers just because of this.

- I thought I understood send offer numbers that exceed the number of watchers are people that have the item already in their shopping cart, just not quite pulling the trigger yet for some reason.  

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

Here is a touch of the other side.

I would love to send offers only to real 'watchers'. 

There is no button to say "no, I will not send offers on this item at this time" in seller hub, so there is no way to have the item disappear from "send offers - eligible" list other than to send an offer.

If you pick and choose, heaven knows how long it will take for an item to drop off.

Message 20 of 50
latest reply

@pls-consignments 

I have had the same thing happen.  No views, but send an offer? For What? This feature is unnecessary in my opinion.  The few times I have sent any offers, a little sign pops up and reads "there are no offers on this item"...huh?  Seriously, what is the point of this feature? It's futile, not to mention sort of silly. 

Message 21 of 50
latest reply

Tried to find info on this silly feature but nothing discusses it, which make me suspicious by default.

Perhaps a moderator could explain how this feature works, with or without watchers??

Message 22 of 50
latest reply

We only buy the same three things on ebay, any other listings we 'open' are ones we want to 'steal' the title and info from so we can list ours for less. When/if we get offers on those items we first message seller and tell them the only interest we had was to undersell them and then let the offer expire.

Message 23 of 50
latest reply

@a-lotta-stuff wrote:

We only buy the same three things on ebay, any other listings we 'open' are ones we want to 'steal' the title and info from so we can list ours for less. When/if we get offers on those items we first message seller and tell them the only interest we had was to undersell them and then let the offer expire.

Wait, what do you have to gain from telling them that?  

Message 24 of 50
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

@a-lotta-stuff wrote:

Wait, what do you have to gain from telling them that?  

I think someone is being 'edgy'.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 50
latest reply

So, are we now able to make them without watchers?

If the seller uses Fixed Price, a watcher is someone who isn't going to buy, or they already would have.

Viewers, who are only counted for 30 days are more volatile and a better bet.

they are sending offers if you just look at a listing, doesn't matter if you're interested in the item or not.

Why would you View if you were not interested?

Message 26 of 50
latest reply

@pls-consignments 

The mods (Khoros) are here on this forum to keep peace and decorum between the helpfuls & those who need help or advice.  They don't implement new features, that's eBay job. 

My suggestion would be to reach out to the community managers, so here goes...

Devon@eBay

Elizabeth@eBay

Kyle@eBay

Can you look into this feature that seems to be confusing many of us?  TY in advance.

Lately they haven't been participating on this forum much from what I've seen, maybe they're busy, who knows?, but it would be helpful if they could look into this send offer feature that so many are posting about here.  

Happy Selling

Message 27 of 50
latest reply

@kensgiftshop 

I get those all the time! I actually got an offer on Cuban Cigars from Cuba, but sold by a US seller!  lol 😁

Message 28 of 50
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I wonder if eBay dropped the threshold for number of views before the item becomes eligible for a seller offer. IIRC, it used to be three.

I look at a lot of listings (usually to report them) just once and start receiving offers for the item.

I look at quite a few listings for comps but they're all solds, so I don't get offers. I expect if I browsed more or shopped live listings I would. I never send offers on listings that have no watchers just because of this.

It wouldn't be to bad if it was an item I was interested in or watching.

To receive offers just for looking at a listing, I think it's a little pushy.

I started getting so many, I finally opted out of receiving offers.

Have a great day
Message 29 of 50
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@kensgiftshop 

I get those all the time! I actually got an offer on Cuban Cigars from Cuba, but sold by a US seller!  lol 😁

I reported a few digital items the other day, then received offers on each listing.

Then about 30 minutes later received emails saying the listings had been removed.

If I just reported a listing, why would I want to receive an offer on it, I'm not going to buy it, no matter how good the offer is.

Have a great day
Message 30 of 50
latest reply