cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently started up a store.

Recently started up a store. I am regretting it. Had one years ago but now it seems as though Ebay has really messed with things and for the worse.

I am attempting to bulk edit/move already listed items from one category to another. I found this https://connectebay.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002493232-Bulk-Edit-eBay-Categories-for-Publish... but there is no "listing status" under "listings" in "Seller Hub", so what gives?

When did Ebay get so messed up?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Messed up is an understatement! But good luck selling, (you're gonna... zipper_mouth nevermind.)!

If I was going to bulk edit a category, (I think this will only work if all your items are in the same category, someone can correct me if I'm wrong), this is how I would do it:

In the seller hub, if you go over to where it says "listings" at the top, you hover and go down to "active" this will pull up all your listings. 

Highlight the listings you want to edit or if you want to do them all click on the "edit" button right above the listings.  It says edit selected or all.

Once this pulls up your listing in the tool, again highlight the listings your changing, click on the edit fields button and categories is there. 

Hopefully that isn't too confusing. Let me know if you need more help.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@monstertoybox wrote:

Messed up is an understatement! But good luck selling, (you're gonna... zipper_mouth nevermind.)!

If I was going to bulk edit a category, (I think this will only work if all your items are in the same category, someone can correct me if I'm wrong), this is how I would do it:

In the seller hub, if you go over to where it says "listings" at the top, you hover and go down to "active" this will pull up all your listings. 

Highlight the listings you want to edit or if you want to do them all click on the "edit" button right above the listings.  It says edit selected or all.

Once this pulls up your listing in the tool, again highlight the listings your changing, click on the edit fields button and categories is there. 

Hopefully that isn't too confusing. Let me know if you need more help.

The above is how we typically use the bulk editor as well.

But FYI, the bulk edit tool is very buggy, and often times if you update lets say 100 listings, 5 or so may not have edited. So make sure you go back in and check again to make sure all of the edits stuck.

We typically have to run it a few times to make sure we catch any strays that are not properly updated each time.

I provided video of this issue to eBay like a year ago... sadly the issue is still going on. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply