cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Changes to Ebay have caused more issues than I've had in 12 years!

I've enjoyed being a small Seller on Ebay for 12 years.  It's procedures were simple to understand and use and things have gone smoothly for me most of the time.  But, since the recent changes, I've had more issues with sales in the last 4 weeks or so than I've had in 12 years.  This aggravation and difficulty may be what causes me to stop selling completely!  It's something I enjoy in my retirement, earns me a bit of "pocket change" to supplement my income, and I enjoy the interaction with mostly good people during the transaction process.  My rating is 100% for all these years, but because of these confusing new processes I may end up getting hits that affect my rating, and if so, I'm gonna be "outta here"!  My philosophy has always been "If it ain't broke, don't fix it......"

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

@byndcell wrote:

GOOD QUESTIONS HERE!! 

Lucky - DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE???????  I kind of wonder!!

Thanks - I also thought my questions to the OP about the specifics of his issues were good ones. It's hard to help someone with issues without knowing what those issues are.

As for San Jose - Not sure about your point. I've lived in New Hampshire my entire life, except for a short stint in Ohio 30 years ago. I did tour some colleges in San Diego with my son once.

Message 16 of 66
latest reply

ebay has its cheerleading squad as you are finding out. lol.

Message 17 of 66
latest reply

LOL is right!!  Cheerleaders or company plants??????  This board is FULL of dissatisfied users with MANGLED PAYMENTS and all you hear is,

They will make billions more

if you dont like it leave

and on and on from THE SAME POSTERS -  you gotta wonder - BOTTOM LINE FOLKS = keep posting that this program is KILLING many many many good folks!!!!!!!!!

NOTE - and this is also being reported on FINANCIAL boards as well!!!!

Message 18 of 66
latest reply

@byndcell wrote:

SO SUPRISED your not sure about that point, I mean, from what I see from all your (helpful?) posts you seem to understand everything with ease, SO I will make is easier to understand.

DO YOU WORK FOR EBAY??????????

No, they don't work for Ebay.

Like some of us, they keep up to date on policies and changes Ebay makes.

Have a great day
Message 19 of 66
latest reply

Is this good for business??

@byndcell 

I can't say that my disclaimer is good (or bad) for business, but it kept me in business .

When I opted into MP (August, 2019), I added the verbiage. Back then, it was a slow nightmare and all shipping was out-of-pocket. It was my way of keeping my selling account and bank account from taking any 'dings'. I really need to revisit it...

Message 20 of 66
latest reply

BUYERS PLEASE NOTE - You're "cleared" payment now takes 4 to 5 days to get me through "managed payments" recently adopted by sellers.

About my 5 day handling time - I'm sorry for the "delayed shipping" inconvenience (to you) and sad about the "delayed funds" inconvenience (to me) but my hands are tied.

AND this is on all 293 or your listings???  That certainly sounds like an apology to me.  And this program is meant to compete with Amazons next day delivery program???  I'll use the immortal words of Charlie Brown - GOOD GRIEF!!! 

TRUTH IS I like the way you explain this on your listings, ALTHOUGH its not really true, cleared payments with this new program are really more like 10 days, (considering there is no processing on the weekends)  AND you may want to change a few words as well, FOR EXAMPLE instead of the word "apodoted" you perhaps should say "forced upon"

NOW I HOPE EBAY READS THIS - this is what the new program is forcing GOOD SELLERS to do with their explanation to buyers and tell them how it "enhances" the buyers experience.  And how long do you expect buyers to find this acceptable before they look for other options?? 

LAST COMMENT/QUESTION - and you really feel this is going to work out well for your sales?????

Message 21 of 66
latest reply

@byndcellyou realize that Amazon has items in wearhouses sitting all over the world, right? eBay doesn't expect sellers to deliver next day.

Message 22 of 66
latest reply

Thanks for your comment, but I really have that same question for you........

Message 23 of 66
latest reply

Actually, I think they really do, AND they would like us to do that for free as well!!!!  I mean you're telling me that ebay wants us to hold on shipments until payments are cleared at OUR financial institutions and they feel this will make them competitive with other options with "overnight" shipments out there??  You would think is this were the case, ebay would pen AN OPEN LETTER to all buyers stating that their new program will mean delays in shipping times because funds are not available for 10 TIMES what paypal offered. 

GO FIGURE!!

LETS GET REAL - ebay wants packages delivered ASAP and really does want that done for free.  They have no concern about your/ our issues with any of this, its only what helps the perception to buyers and their bottom line. 

Message 24 of 66
latest reply

Has anyone heard of any seller not being paid through MP for an item ebay claims was paid for and told to ship?

I've been shipping as I always have (actually got a sale notice this morning just before the mail ran and I got it out in about 10 minutes).   I'm sincerely curious to hear from anyone having a problem, so I can decide if I need to worry about this.

Message 25 of 66
latest reply

You dont need to hear the robots here tell you its the greatest thing since sliced bread, so you can start worrying now!!

Message 26 of 66
latest reply

Oh, and yes, I am aware that Amazon has warehouses all over the world, and if I'm not mistaken this was used as a push with ebay when they were suggesting shipping free way back when, THE QUESTION REALLY IS - is Ebay aware that Amazon has warehouses all over the world??  I think perhaps they forgot about that when they saw the revenues they could get from parting ways with paypal, you think???

Message 27 of 66
latest reply

@byndcell wrote:

You dont need to hear the robots here tell you its the greatest thing since sliced bread, so you can start worrying now!!

If I understand correctly, you aren't in MP.  I have posted to and read this board for years now and know which posters I can trust with answers and which ones I don't.  I really would like to hear from others with real life experience on this question.   I have only been enrolled since last August.

I have learned more from this board than anywhere else over the years and have yet to see any posts I consider robots.

Message 28 of 66
latest reply

@byndcell wrote:

cleared payments with this new program are really more like 10 days, (considering there is no processing on the weekends) 

Don't know where you keep getting the 10 days from?

I chose weekly payouts.

They do payouts on Tuesday and the funds are in my account that night night or Wednesday morning.

Any order I get from Monday through the next Monday, the funds are in my account on Wednesday.

If you do daily payouts, the funds are ready to send to your checking account in 2 business days., then it might take a couple days to reach your account.

Have a great day
Message 29 of 66
latest reply

Yes, and again good employee, you've mentioned that 100 times on many many different posts, and I've explained it many times as well to like you and others, I wont do it again, ITS 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or even longer

Message 30 of 66
latest reply