cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, ebay really? Members please read...

I'm sorry but (yes) I'm only a casual seller and have a few sales here and there but what eBay did to me was insane (in my mind.)  Sold item, lady purchased, boom, get negative feeback! Nobody leaves feedback anymore so if you get dinged, I got dongggged! like 93.  So, I'm like o crap! I lost it, I had enough!  The scammers and those SNAD, along with the internet gangsters and keyboard thugs... Man, whatever! So I do what you are not supposed to do, yup, feedback retaliation... I swore this was a scam and wanted my lil' 19 $ item. At this point, didn't care or so I thought! Ebay has me so paranoid, its not fun anymore (sad emoji) So  fastfoward>>> After the feedback, that I knew I would regret, which I did and even worst!  I mean I never felt this bad, regarding sales! Donkey of the day! Ok, so I hit contact seller for some reason, to send ship label for the return, I don't know but I didn't want to contact her (BUTTTT) her number was there too! Hmmm, please let me say, I am a very nice, fair person, I love to help people, that's my thang! However, I don't want them (helping) themselves to my stuff for free. I was like, bet that's a fake number, I called it, it rang, I was like o, poop. An elderly gentlemen answered. So I explained, in a very professional & nice tone, BTW I would never call someones home and disrespect them. So I explained that someone with this number purchase an item from me and the weren't happy with their purchase, I would like to make good on this purchase,

OMG! He yells out to his wife, someone is on the phone, something about ebay and a purchase. I started to get a little scared, what if they thought I was a stalker? So, she gets on the phone, she was the sweetest, kindestest person. I explained that she indicated ( via feeback) she wasn't happy with her purchase.  I'm not going to bore ya'll with the details (BUT) it was my fault, totally! And you know what else? She was an elderly lady, she called ebay and ebay told her to leave me a negative. Not exactly like that but, you know.

I apologize and I felt terrible. I told her I would immediately issue her a refund and she can keep the item. 

We resolved the issue on our own, she mentioned, she would like to change the negative, this was before my offer,  I sent her the link and felt terrible for the rest of the night. Then I got to thinking again, what if I was just scammed. Maybe a day or two went by, feedback hadn't changed,  then BAM! she changed it! It just was a really nice feeling.  She make me remember that there are humans on the other side of the computer! OOOO and eBay why?

I apologize for the grammar and errors but i had to rush and do this before I changed my mind

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@snag*it 

No apologies necessary  😉...We all have had similar days like you've described.  Glad everything worked out in your favor.  

Have a great day and Happy Selling!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@snag*it 

No apologies necessary  😉...We all have had similar days like you've described.  Glad everything worked out in your favor.  

Have a great day and Happy Selling!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi @snag*it 

Now, do you plan on helping the nice old lady get your accusatory feedback removed from their profile?

You can try calling eBay to ask them to remove your comment … OR you can contact the lady (again) and tell them to report your feedback to eBay so that it will be removed.

Your job is only half done.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The "false positive" you left for the buyer will do you far more harm than whatever the neg was that was removed.   It is against eBay policy, and it is unprofessional.  I really do hope it is removed, for your own sake.

Many, many savvy buyers and sellers know that it is the Feedback Left that tells us the most, not the Feedback Received.

-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks but I'm so over eBay, let the chips fall... I get more sales from the other site and I don't have to deal with so much red tape. I posted this to let ppl know (as a seller) I SCREWED UP! However, nothing that complicated or that serious..

sigh.....this is why I stay off the boards. Ebay can cancel my account, I don't really care anymore, I just cared about the customer and the mistake I made and to let other sellers know, take your time, be professional, its not always what you think... 

With regards to the other posters, the best lesson is learning from others...

HELP people or guide them!  

I'm going to crawl back under the rock I came out of!

deuces! 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@snag*it wrote:

Thanks but I'm so over eBay, let the chips fall... I get more sales from the other site and I don't have to deal with so much red tape. I posted this to let ppl know (as a seller) I SCREWED UP! However, nothing that complicated or that serious..

@snag*it 

I get that you screwed up ... and it is admirable that you're acknowledging it.   🙂

What I don't understand is why you won't help out the person who helped you get rid of the negative feedback.  You tarnished their profile.  [The fact that your feedback violated eBay policy is secondary.]

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay really needs to fix that issue. I have had less and less feedback every month. This month alone I sold around 65 items and only received 18 feedbacks. It is not fair to sell 100 items, get 20 feedback and then 1 negative counts against the 20 , not the 100.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You are recommending to others that they take their time, be professional -- but you see no need to ask that person for a Feedback Revision Request (because you are so over it)?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@snag*it wrote:

I just cared about the customer and the mistake I made

But, you don't care enough to get the feedback you left for the buyer removed?

I guess as long as your feedback is clean, it's all good., right.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I get that you are over ebay.  What I am going to say, its more for people that continue to sell on ebay.  Under no circumstance call the buyer.  Even if you are very professional and want to get an issue resolve, don't contact the buyer by phone.  Try to do every thing by ebay messages.  This so there is an actual message's going back and forth, and ebay can see them.

If you contact the buyer by phone, buyer can claim that you said some thing wrong, or even make up worse stuff.  

Good luck on your selling journey.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply