cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading these posts reinforce why I'm not selling here anymore

The title says it all.... I've been here since 1998.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

We don’t have anything listed. 
We are Reading too.

Might not come back.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

yep, lots of complaints...........some of which are self inflicted, ignorance of changes or procedures.......in addition to the real glitches/scams, etc.  But just think about how many people use ebay.....millions buy and sell everyday......the % of complaints is microscopic......not to say I don't think there are problems beyond what's posted here, but over the years since I've been here 2004......I've had very, very few........

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

About .0001% of eBay users post here and most of them are here because they're either having an issue they need help with, or just want to air a grievance.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@alouetta725 wrote:

Because  1% (actually less) of sellers can't handle change and no longer want to sell here is the reason why you don't want to sell here either?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Awesome Calculation...Your a Rockstar...😂😂 

And yes many Ebayers seem to have of late Had or left with Grievances  

Not the Same Ebay as even 5 yrs. ago...

But for Sure many have Quit not coming here to Vent.. 

Ebay is not for the Casual Seller.. 

Hobby Time for most remaining Ebay Elders here!! 

Not a Place you will make a Living for Sure .. 

🍀🍀Good Luck to All and Happy Selling ...

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

"...not the same eBay as even 5yrs. ago...", have to agree with that...

...and definitely "...not a place to make a living for sure..."

...a hobby time...and that hobby time sometimes occupied whole day...

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Thanks Bravo 

Your analysis is correct 

You and I don't display our items for sale 

Thats why we pay ebay.. but little sellers are dispensable and our items are not always Shown  

Good luck to all ..

Happy Selling Everyone...😀 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@alouetta725 wrote:

YEP! Selling on FEEbay since 1999. Reading these posts on Mangled Payments,  Scams, etc... it's DEPRESSING and just reinforces my decision to retire from eBay and not sign up with MP was the RIGHT decision.

eBay with it's liberal return policies is a scam magnet, and add it's Mangled Payments magic to the mix, are like those defunded police cities (PDX, NYC, Seattle, etc).  After defunding, it's a cesspool where shootings, crime, and murders are up in the stratosphere.

zzzzzzzzz.88.gif

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I've been selling on Ebay since 2003 and this new payout system is horrible! I was told that my payout was sent to my bank account and I still don't have any money! It was always so easy before...now it's a nightmare! I am no longer selling until something is changed. It not my fault they have a grevience with Paypal!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Why come to an eBay selling board if no longer selling on eBay? I think if i quit, i would do it without announcement or discussion and would not feel it necessary to bring it up on this particular forum.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Ebay was the only game in town. Now sellers have many solid choices! I now list on 4 or more  different venues. Each one tailored to items I have.  Can't change the world just learn to adapt!

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

As far as scamming goes and not addressing any of the other issues, I really think it depends on which category someone is selling.

For example: someone who sells inexpensive little trinkets priced at $20 or less probably is never going to be scammed and rarely have a return...

But for people who sell popular, expensive items like electronics, car parts etc, they are at much higher risk of being cheated sadly.

So it's kind of unfair for people to come say "oh I've never been scammed." You have to consider your category. I'll bet most people selling electronics at high volume have been cheated several times... though if they are staying here the good/honest customers must far out-weigh the scammers.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Why come to an eBay selling board if no longer selling on eBay? I think if i quit, i would do it without announcement or discussion and would not feel it necessary to bring it up on this particular forum.

But then you'd never receive the satisfaction of all the people who jump on the bandwagon and share with you in chanting "hurrah! down with ebay! rabble rabble rabble!"

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

They are seeking their tribe.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 30
latest reply