cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant!

Sorry, guys, but this is a rant about a PITA buyer.  I sold two items to a buyer late last Friday.  We had a weekend, followed by a postal holiday yesterday.  This morning I get an irate message from the buyer wanting to know why her items haven’t been shipped yet!!!  I couldn’t believe it!  I don’t know what she expected me to do, but when this is concluded, she’s going on my BBL, although I have considered just cancelling the transaction and putting her on my BBL NOW, because if she’s already griping about the shipping, who knows what other problems she’ll cause!

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Rant!

Yup. We get these buyers every holiday weekend. I'm desensitized by them now.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

It is amazing that Buyers some how cannot connect the dots that the Holiday applied to everyone - not just them.  

With Amazon having their packages delivered on Sundays and Holidays (DH did both days), Buyers are really spoiled to think it should occur for everything ordered, regardless.

(You have beautiful rosaries, btw.  Really nice - had not looked at your items before today.  Only clicked, wondering what you sold that was so urgent to get there asap! )

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

Add her to your BBL now if that's your end goal- there's no reason to wait.

Offer her the option of cancelling- give her the deadline when you'll be shipping- and if she doesn't want to cancel then ship it out as planned.

Wait until you're not so annoyed before you message her- it'll help you keep your cool and the message professional. 🙂

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

I would send her a calm message something like this:

Dear Buyer, 

You bought and paid for the items late Friday evening after the post office closed.   Saturday and Sunday were weekends and Monday, Labor Day, was a postal holiday.   My plan was to ship your items today, Tuesday.

Do you want me to  cancel the transaction or should I go ahead and ship your items?

If she comes back with more ranting, I would cancel, problem with buyer's address.  Otherwise, ship.

Sincerely, Seller

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

During the Christmas season we've gotten angry messages demanding why buyers haven't gotten their item yet. Within an hour of the sale.

Short answer: You have to pay first.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

me298530
Thrill-Seeker

It's hard to discuss with people who are so wrong and yet so arrogant.

I remember having a buyer on my selling account who bought on a Sunday morning and that evening asked if I shipped yet.
What can you do? LOL!

---------------
Posting ID only
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

@iart wrote:

During the Christmas season we've gotten angry messages demanding why buyers haven't gotten their item yet. Within an hour of the sale.

Short answer: You have to pay first.

😂That's a good one.

Every time I relay an anecdote like that to my family they think I'm joking. They don't believe that a buyer would make a purchase at 10:00 on a Sunday night then message an hour later, enraged that they didn't get a tracking number instantly. It really happens.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

"I regret that you are unhappy with your order. If you prefer, I could cancel the transaction and you will be promptly refunded."

If she agrees, you cancel, the refund is automatic, and you don't get a Defect.

Also you won't have to deal with a hysterical and entitled nitwit.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

During holiday season I also get the ever popular "I ordered stuff from others at the same time and I've received all of those already." Call me skeptical, but I often think those are just exaggerating fibs to get their point across.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

bought on a Sunday morning and that evening asked if I shipped yet.

Actually since the nearest post box to me has a 9am pickup, I can often honestly say it is in the mailstream.

I can't get it back from the box after all.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

During holiday season I also get the ever popular "I ordered stuff from others at the same time and I've received all of those already." Call me skeptical, but I often think those are just exaggerating fibs to get their point across.

Exaggerated from the reality of 1 or 2 packages to 6 other sellers!

Or those "others" were located closer to the buyer cutting back on transit time, offered faster shipping services (and charged the buyer for it), were from a retailer like Amazon that has their own delivery service or Staples that contracts out to small local delivery companies for faster order fulfillment, etc.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

@reallynicestamps wrote:

bought on a Sunday morning and that evening asked if I shipped yet.

Actually since the nearest post box to me has a 9am pickup, I can often honestly say it is in the mailstream.

I can't get it back from the box after all.

OH!

Maybe my buyer had something like that too and expects Sunday shipping?. Still, I don't mail on Sundays, Saturdays yes.

---------------
Posting ID only
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

10% of Ebay buyers are in the bottom 10% of buyers when it comes to intelligence and educational level, LOL

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Rant!

I had a couple of those the last 3 day weekend too.  We all get them.

On the other hand, I have a returning customer, who's bought numerous times, who ordered late Friday.  I shipped it Saturday (just for him, nobody else would get that service).  He'll actually get it the same day it was supposed to be shipped.  Makes him happy and make me more $$

Message 15 of 33
latest reply