cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Selling Question on Fee's

I'm not a big time Seller. Maybe a few items a month if I'm lucky. My question is: If I sell an item for $ 12 with $ 8 bidder pays shipping and I receive $ 20,  Or I sell an item for $ 20 and free shipping. After Ebay receive their fee, is my profit the same either way. ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if I understand the question correctly. I don't know about anyone else... but I count my profit after Ebay fees, item cost and sometimes time I have in the listing. You can search for the term 'ebay calculator' on Google. A Ebay calculator we tell you your profit and percentage if fields are entered in correctly. Be sure to select the correct product category on the calculator. Hope I could help.

Rachel,

Redrum Collectibles

My Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/redrumcollectibles

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure if I understand the question correctly. I don't know about anyone else... but I count my profit after Ebay fees, item cost and sometimes time I have in the listing. You can search for the term 'ebay calculator' on Google. A Ebay calculator we tell you your profit and percentage if fields are entered in correctly. Be sure to select the correct product category on the calculator. Hope I could help.

Rachel,

Redrum Collectibles

My Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/redrumcollectibles

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The eBay final value fee is the same either way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So, " My Profit " after Ebay fees is the same either way.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

We cannot tell you what your profit is because profit is based on so many factors that we don't know, for instance the price you paid for the item.  If you received it for free, obviously your profit is more than if you paid $10 for it.

But we can tell you that your final value fee will be the same either way because the FVF is based on the amount paid to the seller by the buyer, no matter how it's divided.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bronson697 wrote:

So, " My Profit " after Ebay fees is the same either way.

Yes, if the eBay fees are the same either way, then your net after eBay fees is the same.  As you can see, sellers around here are particular about how you use the word "profit" even if you put quotes around it.  Profit is what you end up with in your pocket after paying all of your expenses including not only eBay fees but also postage, original purchase of the item, etc.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply