cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for sellers.

Due to increasintg costs, i renently had to raise the price of a long time item i've been selling from $8.50 to $9.50

Which got me wondering, how many buyers do you think actually click on the number sold  to see what others paid?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Question for sellers.

@inhawaii wrote:

Due to increasintg costs, i renently had to raise the price of a long time item i've been selling from $8.50 to $9.50

Which got me wondering, how many buyers do you think click on the number sold  to see what the others paid?

I have no idea about other buyers, but this is not something I ever do.  I really don't care about the price history.  If it is something I want and the price looks good, I buy it.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

My guess is not very many. I have never checked for that before unless it's a seller who offers "best offers". Otherwise it doesn't matter! If I like the item & the price suits me-am all over it. Who cares what someone else paid. But that's just me.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

I buy exactly as @mcdougle4248 does. I never check that.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

I check it if I find a lot of sale revisions on the listing..........to see if I can figure what the price is when there is a sale....       

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

Which got me wondering, how many buyers do you think actually click on the number sold  to see what others paid?

As others have said I don't check to see what others have paid for an item if I am purchasing the same item, however, I do shop about: something I did not use to do, as eBay always had the best prices, but now-days due to eBay's greed, (not the sellers) I do surf the web and sometimes B&M stores for the best prices and, I have found 8 out of 10 items "on the norm" are less expensive to purchase elsewhere rather than to purchase such items from eBay.

Now with that said, I do look at the price history of an item if I am selling the item.

I use to go by prices set forth on eBay, but I definably do not do that anymore.

That's my thoughts on the subject:    

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

@inhawaii wrote:

You can do that?  😮

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

@inhawaii wrote:

Not as many as use the search function on your feedback page to see what your price was 15 years ago (if you were selling on the same account back then).

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

I have for mostly research purposes especially on high quantity sale items. As a buyer I don't care. I either find a price I like or don't buy it.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

As a buyer... never.

As a seller... all the time. I do this so I find the REAL going price of some products that I want to compete in.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

@inhawaii wrote:

Personally I don't think it should matter.  If you need to raise pricing because your costs have gone up, that is what you need to do.  If you are really concerned about this, then end your listing first.  The go and RELIST it and adjust the pricing.

You still keep your placement in the searches if this is a well selling item for you.  Any watchers will get notified you reposted the listings.  And none of the older sales shows.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

I have been selling and buying here for over twenty years and I can say that I have never done this. 

I look at the item and if I feel it is a good price, I then look at sellers feedback and where they are located and if all is good, I bid. 

I don't think most buyers would waste their time. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

I forgot to mention. If I was going to buy something from you, your feedback is 100%, you have been here for over twenty years and your prices are reasonable. 

So, I would bid from you!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Question for sellers.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.  From what i gather here, most people don't click on the number sold and some people didn't even know it existed!

I don't feel so bad about the price increase now.

Aloha and have a great (and safe) weekend!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 14
latest reply