cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "Top Rated Plus" status

I don't understand how Ebay is applying the new requirement for free return shipping for "Top Rated Plus" sellers.  I am a Top Rated Plus seller and I switched over to offering free returns on June 1.  However, I still see "Top Rated Plus" sellers who are not offering free return shipping.  For example, search for "HP 42X Q5942XD" and you will see some sellers who do not offer free returns but they still have the Top Rated Plus Seller badge.  I am selling one the HP 42X Q5942XD toners.  I did a test and removed free return shipping and I lost my Top Rated Plus badge (just for that item).  When I restored free return shipping the badge came back!  Can someone explain how this is working and why it does not seem to be consistent among sellers?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@piedmontvarietystore wrote:

Can someone explain how this is working and why it does not seem to be consistent among sellers?

The status of a listing is determined at the point that it is created, edited, or renewed.  Any listing that was created on or before May 31st would have the old TRS+ rules applied to it.

I have lots of items that are still TRS+, but the listings were created before the switchover on June 1 ... as those listings are being renewed in June, they will lose their TRS+ status unless I change the return shipping to seller-paid.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I don't understand how Ebay is applying the new requirement for free return shipping for "Top Rated Plus"  ghncll - op --  ----------------------------------------

I haven't noticed  that some sellers don't have to comply,,  glad to be enlightened  . However I did try the same thing you did  by removing the 30 day free returns  [ the seller will pay for buyers to rent their stuff  for a month ]  option . The same thing happened ,,  my nifty gold star went away , but as soon as I turned  free returns back on again ,,,  the star  returned to duty  .As far as the others   that seem to be   escaping this '' wonderful''  new policy  right now   perhaps there's still  some bugs in the system  ? I hope that's all it is  because I think there's a few sellers that have had quite  enough of  unfairness  lately . tulips 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@piedmontvarietystore wrote:

Can someone explain how this is working and why it does not seem to be consistent among sellers?

The status of a listing is determined at the point that it is created, edited, or renewed.  Any listing that was created on or before May 31st would have the old TRS+ rules applied to it.

I have lots of items that are still TRS+, but the listings were created before the switchover on June 1 ... as those listings are being renewed in June, they will lose their TRS+ status unless I change the return shipping to seller-paid.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The status of a listing is determined at the point that it is created, edited, or renewed.  Any listing that was created on or before May 31st would have the old TRS+ rules applied to it. orangehound - unquote 

Yep ,, that's probably it . I forgot about the June  1st date thing.  tulips

Message 4 of 4
latest reply