cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Old Item on Sale

I've seen other sellers put items on sale that have been listed over a year or so. I can't figure out how to do it. I've called eBay twice and they don't know either. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Putting Old Item on Sale

@gcp53 wrote:

Yes, I've done that but there is no option to add items by date or how long they've been listed by date.

Yes there is @gcp53. Instead of setting up rules by category, use the option to select listings individually. Then when the listings pop up they are usually sorted by # of days on site, oldest first. You can use the check box at the top to select an entire page or you can select listings one by one.

So if you want to select everything older than a certain date, just sort oldest first then bulk select every listing on the page, go to the next page and repeat until you get to more recent listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Putting Old Item on Sale

Use fixed price format. The listing will auto-renew every month until it sells or until you manually end it.

If you're trying to access an old listing that's expired you won't be able to. Ended listings are available for 90 days. Beyond that you need to create a new listing.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Why not revise it and lower the price?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Since you have a store, isn’t there an option to run a sale?  I used to, but haven’t in a long time.  I usually just revise the price.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

If you have a store, go to your promotions dashboard:   https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard     and on the blue create a promotion button use the drop down arrow to choose the type of sale or promotion you want.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Oh, put an item on sale not list an item for sale. Oops. 😁

Go to this page @gcp53:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

On the top right there's a blue button "create a promotion" and from there you can select "sale + markdown event."

Adding the help page in case OP wants to read about other promotion types:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. I do use the list price format. I only want to put things on sale that I've had listed over a year. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

I have almost 2,000 items..

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Yes, you can run a sale but not identify ones individually by how long they've been listed.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

@gcp53 wrote:

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. I do use the list price format. I only want to put things on sale that I've had listed over a year. 

If you want to sort for items that you've listed for a year or more, that would take either your tracking the date of the initial listing of the item (I use the SKU), or going back through your invoices from a year ago to check what you listed on that month.  You can have listings running for years, but eBay only keeps track for 90 days.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Yes, I've done that but there is no option to add items by date or how long they've been listed by date.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Yes, that is what you're asking.  A promotion is considered a sales event, nothing to do with

'promoted listings'.  The listings you choose to add will show up with the original price and the new price above it in bold.  From the overview page select marketing and then select promotion.  On the left is a markdown sale selection.     Click on the big blue button on the right that says create a promotion.  You have to select the item you want on sale, usually by category. You have to select how long you want the sale to be and how much you want taken off.  

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

Speaking from experience. If you have item that has been sitting for a year without a sale the best thing to do is to end the listing and then use sell similar with a lower price. Almost any item I relist with sell similar at a lower price gets sold within 30 days or less. (Assuming your prices are competitive). Many buyers hate looking at items that have sat for years. They prefer to look at recently listed.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

I've had luck selling older stuff when I raise the prices.  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Putting Old Item on Sale

@gcp53 wrote:

Yes there is @gcp53. Instead of setting up rules by category, use the option to select listings individually. Then when the listings pop up they are usually sorted by # of days on site, oldest first. You can use the check box at the top to select an entire page or you can select listings one by one.

So if you want to select everything older than a certain date, just sort oldest first then bulk select every listing on the page, go to the next page and repeat until you get to more recent listings.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply