cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure Wick items cancelled by ebay

eBay claims my listing for a Pure Wick Female External Catheter system doesn't follow EBay policy stating that it is invasive healthcare equipment and that it needs a prescription.  Both of these are not true.  It is an external catheter system which does not require a prescription.  How do I reach someone at EBay about this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

In my opinion, the best way to get ahold of ebay is through facebook.

Fighting ebay on this may be a uphill battle.

I would just forget about it and sell it somewhere else.

Good luck.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You will have a very hard time convincing eBay that anything called a catheter is allowable.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

they’re showing up in the sold items every day. Do you think this is because those are all getting canceled also and not actually sold?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had to fight a NARU status over something similar.  We had posted a decongestant, one commonly sold OTC is the US.  I got into work and found our PayPal account had been held and our eBay account was expelled and "not recoverable".  We did have messages about why those actions had been taken, but it took me about an hour of digging to get the US OTC confirmation from the FDA (or whoever does that - this was a few years ago) website and then get PayPal and eBay to recognize that:

-The product was available OTC in the US.

-I had listed the product for US sales only.

- eBay had extended the listing to make it viewable to additional countries -- NOT at my request.

- PayPal in the UK caught the listing and started the snowball rolling.

- eBay had to fess up that I didn't post the product to the UK, they did, and get PayPal to release our account, after which they reinstated our selling account on eBay.

This was a rather long and irritating process - mostly because everyone at PayPal and eBay seemed to believe that they had not made an error and there was nothing they could do.  I had to carefully and in great detail lay it out for them, step by step, so they were (basically) forced to admit they had mucked up.  No apologies were received, we just got both accounts back.

You can fight them, but you are going to need a lot of detailed information and it needs to come from the regulating agencies involved.  You also need to make sure you're not listing is where it cannot be sold -- what's legal in the US may not be elsewhere.  Pull the data together, lay it out in clean, simple, easy to read bits, and then let them choke on the paperwork.

Be aware, you may be investing many hours against a rather small return on the item(s) sold.  It's a calculation only you can make.  In my case, it was fight or the shop closed and I would be unemployed.  That made it much easier... well, easier to decide to fight back.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

maybe just list as pure wick system? 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I did that the 2nd time and it was taken down also.  I see that they are selling or completed everyday.  I am wondering if the other listing are being cancelled as well and just showing as completed when EBay takes them down?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Where else would you try to sell?  It is worth around $600 but seems to have been selling daily on EBay for $450

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The other listings haven’t been reported, yours was.

Once it was taken down once by eBay, you were on their radar and bots probably took the second listing down.

Do not relist or you could put your account at risk.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Keep in mind for that type of item, some sellers can be authorized, I believe, and therefore they may be allowed to sell it when you aren't.  I've no idea what it takes to get authorized or if that applies here, but it's one possibility for why others are selling and you can't list it.  It could also be they're intentionally listing in the wrong category to avoid the bots.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thank you very much!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply