cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publication Year In Books And Magazines Category Not Accepting A Pre 1900 Year

Anyone else having this problem? About 2-3 weeks ago the eBay programming department tinkered with the "Publication Year" field in the seller's listing page for the Books and Magazines category. It will only accept a publication year of 1900 and newer. When you type in a publication year before 1900 the entry disappears. I called eBay tech support and reported this technical issue. The C/S agent said that he would forward this issue to the programming department and it would be fixed in 48 hours. It's been 4 days and the issue is not fixed. I told the eBay C/S agent that many buyers search for publications based on the year published and this glitch will hinder sales. This eBay programming blunder happened about 2-3 weeks ago for new listings since I'm able to go to an old listing, select "Sell Similar" and successfully enter a publication year before 1900. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Publication Year In Books And Magazines Category Not Accepting A Pre 1900 Year

first i heard, possibly a(nother) glitch created by ebays changing of item specifics?

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Publication Year In Books And Magazines Category Not Accepting A Pre 1900 Year

There seem to be several issues with New listings that "sell similar" or a listing template do not encounter.

Seems like they fix 2 things and 12 more blow loose.

Have you posted on the technical boards?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You can email the department in charge of item specifics  sdsupport@eBay.com 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@mod-designs4u wrote:

Anyone else having this problem? About 2-3 weeks ago the eBay programming department tinkered with the "Publication Year" field in the seller's listing page for the Books and Magazines category. It will only accept a publication year of 1900 and newer. When you type in a publication year before 1900 the entry disappears. I called eBay tech support and reported this technical issue. The C/S agent said that he would forward this issue to the programming department and it would be fixed in 48 hours. It's been 4 days and the issue is not fixed. I told the eBay C/S agent that many buyers search for publications based on the year published and this glitch will hinder sales. This eBay programming blunder happened about 2-3 weeks ago for new listings since I'm able to go to an old listing, select "Sell Similar" and successfully enter a publication year before 1900. 

Glitch? Doubt it. Destroyed Christmas category changing years of production category on listing. They got rid of the superb search and replaced it. No glitch just folks that appear to have limited knowledge creating  bad search criteria. My buying in Christmas  category has been ZERO since the changes.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply