cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prospecting buyer complain because I raise 5 cents on listing and 26 cents extra on shipping

I am selling fabric price was $9.75 per yard I raise to $9.80 per yard , shipping was $3.99 per yard I raise to $4.25 per yard ( still loosing money because post office charge $4.50 to $4.75 per yard plus ebay take his cut on my shipping too so I still loosing the money after all , so what should I do? I reply to the prospecting buyer the reason now should I block her? People are selling fabrics on FB they wont pay tax neither shipping cost 

my fabric are out of print and hard to be find Thanks for reading 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Prospecting buyer complain because I raise 5 cents on listing and 26 cents extra on shipping

I would block them because it is usually a telltale sign of impending trouble... just in my experience, when they complain about a few cents, there is definitely an unhappy transaction coming.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I would block them because it is usually a telltale sign of impending trouble... just in my experience, when they complain about a few cents, there is definitely an unhappy transaction coming.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

she reply : she would buy at store near her ! LOL ok fine get dress , get in car drive miles go in store find the clerk tell her you want one yard of this one of that! LOL store charge $12 plus tax I am selling the out of print fabric she can't find it in store ... I love my fabric if I do not sell I keep it. they are well store , and yes I did block her after her smart reply.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@cantonchick wrote: ... shipping was $3.99 per yard I raise to $4.25 per yard ( still loosing money because post office charge $4.50 to $4.75 per yard  ... 

Postage prices go by weight (not by yard) of course.  For  dense items like fabric, the free USPS Priority Mail flat rate and Regional rate boxes can save you a lot of money on postage. The Regional A boxes can hold several yards and for any weight up to 15 pounds you pay a zoned price that is just a little more than the weight-based cost for 2 pounds.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

I agree with the other advice to block this potential buyer, who sounds unreasonable.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

raylovescats is a very wise
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I do use regional box , I am talking about a single yard can weight over 4 OZ 

and over 12 OZ I ship priority here is a proof 1 yard fabric shipped  to zip code 49307 cost $4.53  , I am charging for 1 yards $4.25 so I shall raise the cost on my ebay , plus ebay take a cut too 

I do ebay over 20 years now and I am not new 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Stick to your guns, it is your business.  Prices do go up and eBay takes a very healthy cut out of the deal. Looks like you are working for free or close to it. It is your time, business do not let bullies win.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@cantonchick wrote: ... over 12 OZ I ship priority ...

Why would you not use First Class all the way up to the limit of 15.99 ounces?

I didn't mean to sound critical of your strategy, I was just making sure you knew about all the options.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Because they are buying postage at retail. The price $4.53 is retail, not online.

If I were the OP I would start using online shipping labels for the discount, and I would raise prices higher if the current prices aren't even covering out of pocket costs.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I tried to do  online but not always works and if you make a mistake it is hard to get your  money back , by the way I do not have too many sale to add a new programs to lower my rate 

I know one thing I do not profit from shipping actually I am loosing it 

but it is Ok and I do not need a builder that argues for 5 cents when I loose more 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Block them and raise the price some more 😛 Might as well make a profit and stop a potentially problematic buyer.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply