Not applicable

They created a tiered pricing option.

promotionsmanager-volumeprice.jpg

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Promotions Manager New Option, Volume Price Discount

@Anonymous wrote:

brian@ebay, as a follow up to the Chat today I am adding my questions about shipping promotions to this thread.

My objective is to use promotions to create a tiered shipping discount based on quantity. Ex. 1-2 items ship first class, 3-4 items ships priority flat rate padded envelope, 5 items or more ship priority flat rate box (or weighted)

There is no option within shipping promotions to set a maximum purchase quantity.

There is no option within shipping promotions to create a tiered discount.

I want to know if the below scenario will achieve the tiered shipping promotion I'm looking to create.

Scenario using random numbers:

A flat rate shipping promotion is created for 2+ items for $4

Another flat rate shipping promotion is created for 3+ items for $7.50

Another flat rate shipping promotion is created for 5+ items for $13.00

Buyer purchases 5 items.

Will the buyer be charged $13 shipping or $4 shipping? Will the system default to the best value of $4 because it's technically for 2 or more items or will it default to the higher price of $13 because it's looking at min quantity?

Hi @Anonymous, I'm happy to clarify. The best possible discount for the buyer will be applied in the cart or at checkout. Since $4 shipping is better price than $7.50 or $13, it would default to the $4 discount.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 16 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not what I wanted to hear but it's what I figured the answer would be. Thanks for clarifying, Brian.

Follow-up question:

What if I created 2 levels of shipping discounts like 2+ items and 4+ items, then set the 4+ items discount as the "priority" - would that become the default if the buyer purchased 4 or more, or would it still default to the better deal of the 2+ item rate? brian@ebay

Message 17 of 81
latest reply

Would eBay consider a quantity search filter with volume discount available? If a buyer is looking to purchase 100 pieces of say, server memory, it's currently not possible to tell who actually has 100 quantity vs who has just one quantity without clicking into the listing.

The opinions expressed are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Message 18 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not what I wanted to hear but it's what I figured the answer would be. Thanks for clarifying, Brian.

Follow-up question:

What if I created 2 levels of shipping discounts like 2+ items and 4+ items, then set the 4+ items discount as the "priority" - would that become the default if the buyer purchased 4 or more, or would it still default to the better deal of the 2+ item rate? brian@ebay

@Anonymous, the priority feature only affects the order that discounts are displayed in on the All Offers page. Outside of this page, the priority feature does not have an affect on promotions.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 19 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an e-mail today announcing the launch of this tool.

The instructions were not revised to include both Amount & Percentage discounts, they only show percentage.

The instructions were not revised to include a note at the top letting sellers know the tool cannot be applied to Variation listings. That will be a huge time waster with many calling CS asking why it's not working.

brian@ebay

Message 20 of 81
latest reply

Why is this only through CSV files?  I don't  have, nor do I want to buy Microsoft Office--and Open Office doesn't covert the amount or percentage column properly.  Why can't this be done through the add item or revise item pages?  I'm a low volume seller, having to fill out a CSV or buy a new program that I don't care for in order to use this feature is more than a little annoying.  I'm not on Jet at all for this same reason.

Message 21 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parodycollector82 wrote:

I'm a low volume seller

There's your answer. The volume discount tool is geared towards higher volume sellers.

If you have enough items to make the tool worth it then maybe you can use the computer at the Library for CSV files. If you're low volume then you can probably make due with the other promotion options available - B1G1, save $ if you buy X, etc.

Message 22 of 81
latest reply

@parodycollector82 wrote:

Why is this only through CSV files?  I don't  have, nor do I want to buy Microsoft Office--and Open Office doesn't covert the amount or percentage column properly. 

.csv files are really only flat text files, so if you simply want to try it out or have a couple items to load you can pop open the SampleDate.csv file in notepad and make edits to the 2nd row.

As I recall there was a "trick" to properly working and saving .csvs in OpenOffice but it's been a while since I've used it. Alternatively you could use a free or open-source editor Like NotePadd++iMatrixitor, or CSVed.

Also, the lovely folks over at eCommerceBytes.com published a blog post about this new feature https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/9/1536893664.html

Message 23 of 81
latest reply

I Tried listing yesterday with 2 products still the promotion  doesn’t show up until now. On the promotion page it says active on both items. What do you think is the reason behind this? And how long it usually take to have it show up? 

Thank you so much

Message 24 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@minimalworkshop, what are the item numbers?

Message 25 of 81
latest reply

FYI, the volume discount t does not show up to buyers using the eBay app.  

Message 26 of 81
latest reply

Even better, the discounts don't show up on the mobile site. All you see is the list price but it takes the discount off when it's in your cart. So much for this feature. I wonder what percentage of buyers use their computers vs phones?
Message 27 of 81
latest reply

Volume pricing discounted items desperately need a search teaser!

Without any indication that volume pricing exists, buyers scrolling down a search page are only presented with the base price without any indication savings exist on multiples (and therefore no additional incentive to click through to the listing).

Message 28 of 81
latest reply

What should I put in the field 'Offset Type' if I don't want to use Percentage, I like to deduct a fixed dollar amount from the BIN price? is that possible?

Message 29 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aydin_coins wrote:

What should I put in the field 'Offset Type' if I don't want to use Percentage, I like to deduct a fixed dollar amount from the BIN price? is that possible?

@aydin_coins, follow the example in the CSV that uses Amount

brian@ebay, this is exactly why the instructions should address both percentage and amount discounts.

Message 30 of 81
latest reply