cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion

Hello. I've recently set up my new eBay store but am not getting any sales could someone please help with some tips and advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Promotion

List Buy It Now BIN items at different times throughout the day 7 days a week and build your BIN shop to a much larger level. Try some cheap start auctions, people look for bargains. Use free BIN listings for shops on the ebay UK site to save fees. Use all the characters available in the title field and see what your competition is doing on ebay, study their prices and also what they have sold and try to match their prices. Run promoted item campaigns at 12-20%. Try to get into a niche area like I have as when you have unique items your going to have more chances of finding a buyer. Good luck with your new ebay shop. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Promotion

Where do I begin...

You are using just one stock pic..you need to add additional pictures, back of item, side view, etc.

Your return policy is so confusing and not enforceable...then you have more terms in a scroll down info box..

Pictures, pictures and more pictures is what you need...I wouldn't buy if I can't see the item from at least 7 different angles..

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Promotion

While you only have 3 listed in the US, ebay shows that you have over 700 of them listed Inernationally.  The first thought I had was that you have hooked up with a dropshipper.

And many of your items are high dollar.  I have a feeling that you are going to get lots of sales as soon as the scammers find you.

You should read the boards and ebay policies here and in the UK and learn how ebay operates before you try to get rich quick using ebay.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Promotion

@zaqzjewels wrote:

Hello. I've recently set up my new eBay store but am not getting any sales could someone please help with some tips and advice?

1) You are selling in one of the most saturated categories on eBay.

2) Only three of your listings have visibility on the USA site when I search using "default" as a location. The rest are "Other items from international sellers".

3) If a buyer is searching for an anklet, how in the world can you expect to match his search terms with a title like 9CT WHT 130 HOL OV BEVELBEL 10

4) The above listing has 16 words of item description. It also has 980 words of terms and conditions and another 936 words of return policy (and the latter appears to be cut off mid-sentence so there was probably even more).

There is no way I would buy anything from a seller who used 99.2% of his item description trying to intimidate the buyer into accepting his terms. One look at that gigantic scrolling box of nonsense legalese (that is all superceded by eBay;s terms anyway) and I would be hitting the back button.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Promotion

Some good points above I only see 3 of your listings on the USA site use international visible on UK listings, the terms and returns policy you have up is like a binding policy made by you and would scare new bidders away. Set 30 to 60 day free returns through the ebay system and get rid of all the terms & policy you typed in the description they are meaningless all someone needs to do is open a case if they want their money back. By having 14 day returns your going lower in the search results. 30 or 60 days needed these days. Your titles are not long enough. SILVER P/CZ CROSSOVER RG SZ L you don't even type the word 'RING' and you have a ring in the womens dresses cat? Did you take your photos yourself of the items? Try to get sharper images of items and at least 2 or 3 pictures. Run promoted items.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply