cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Promoted listings^...ebay holding our listings for ransom?

As the PL tab now shows on my seller listings spread sheet, I have been considering that game plan.  However, from what I have read, it basically sounds like ebay wants to charge me extra, for something [exposure] I should be expecting them to be doing anyway.  Can someone enlighten me on this?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You do not need enlightenment. Nail meet hammer. This is exactly what promoted listings is.

On one hand people suggest that there are to many listings clogging the site and that is why we arent getting views. Then on the other hand people say use promoted listings (which is literally adding a 2nd listing to that which you want to sell) to increase visibility.........at a higher final value fee of course.

Give ya one guess which listing is much easier found in search. And if these promoted listings are now much easier to find in search.............AND we were already not getting enough views before promoted listings.............well you do the math.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You do not need enlightenment. Nail meet hammer. This is exactly what promoted listings is.

On one hand people suggest that there are to many listings clogging the site and that is why we arent getting views. Then on the other hand people say use promoted listings (which is literally adding a 2nd listing to that which you want to sell) to increase visibility.........at a higher final value fee of course.

Give ya one guess which listing is much easier found in search. And if these promoted listings are now much easier to find in search.............AND we were already not getting enough views before promoted listings.............well you do the math.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That's exactly what I gleaned from it... Thanks.   Right when one thinks, that ebay cannot possibly be that void of scruples....Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dont speak so soon. Spring seller update is due very soon. They usually exchange scruples for lost marbles about this time every year.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply