cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings Fee Credit

My understanding was that top rated sellers get $30 of Promoted Listing fee credits per quarter.  Typically the fees would be credited on the following month's invoice.  This quarter I incurred 27.42 of promoted listing fees in April, but never received a refund in May.  In May I incurred 21.20 of promoted listing fees and got a refund of 2.58 in June.  I've been trying to call customer service regarding the 27.42 that I have not been refunded, but both the reps I talked to don't seem to have any clue about the program.  One told me that it now only applies to Top Rated Plus listings, but when I asked them when this went into effect they couldn't find any information to support that.  Does anyone know whether this is true?   Is there a way to get a rep that actually knows what they are talking about?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Here is a link to the policy which may help the next time to talk with someone.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/listings-visibility.html#m22_tb_a1__9

If you use social media, you may try some alternatives to getting some help.

Help

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

It's important to be aware of where you post a question on Ebay’s Facebook page.  A comment on one of Ebay’s marketing posts won't be answered, but comments posted directly on Ebay’s page will.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@the_real_lb wrote:

My understanding was that top rated sellers get $30 of Promoted Listing fee credits per quarter.  Typically the fees would be credited on the following month's invoice.  This quarter I incurred 27.42 of promoted listing fees in April, but never received a refund in May.  In May I incurred 21.20 of promoted listing fees and got a refund of 2.58 in June.  I've been trying to call customer service regarding the 27.42 that I have not been refunded, but both the reps I talked to don't seem to have any clue about the program.  One told me that it now only applies to Top Rated Plus listings, but when I asked them when this went into effect they couldn't find any information to support that.  Does anyone know whether this is true?   Is there a way to get a rep that actually knows what they are talking about?

if my math is correct you had a total of $48.62 in promotional fees (27.42 + 21.20) and would owe $18.62 after the $30.  You only get $30 per quarter (April-June) not every month.  You typically get the credit on the invoice after the invoice that shows the item sold. So if your sold item is on the May invoice the credit is on the June invoice

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Right, but I never got the 27.42 credit on the May invoice for the fees from April.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@the_real_lb wrote:

Right, but I never got the 27.42 credit on the May invoice for the fees from April.

Did you ever get this straightened out?

Have you consistently received the proper credits since?

I am having the same problem.  Promotional fees were charged on my Feb 15th invoice.  No corresponding credits received on my Mar 15th invoice.  (Link to my post.)  Did you get your credits?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Eventually but it took a few months.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@the_real_lb wrote:

Eventually but it took a few months.

Have you received the proper credits every month since then?

Did you receive credits on your March 15th invoice (this week)?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I haven't had any issues since that one time.  Haven't received my March invoice yet.

Reminds me why it is a good idea to always check my invoices though.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply