cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Advanced

Have read thru this a couple of times.  

Will this mean that PLs as we know them now will essentially be worthless/not effective?

A little concerning as we use PLs quite a bit currently.  Not certain our budget can work for the PL Advanced or that I have a "daily" budget for PL Advanced?

Thoughts?  

How Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA works

Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA is based on a cost-per-click model. You start by deciding how much each keyword and click is worth to you. Next, you bid to target placements at the top of eBay search results. Top placements show your listings to buyers right when they’re looking for your items across all experiences on eBay, including desktop, mobile, and the eBay app.

With this new type of campaign, you’ll be able to:

• Bid for the top slot in search using keyword and budget controls, and pay per click.
  • Select the keywords that matter to you.
  • Set a daily budget for additional control.

To set up your first campaign, go to the Seller Hub Marketing tab. You can create a new campaign within the Advertising dashboard by following these simple steps:

1. Name your campaign.
  2. Choose dates and a daily budget.
  3. Name your Ad Group.
  4. Add your listings and keywords to the Ad Group.
  5. Select a maximum cost-per-click for the keywords, displayed as “CPC bids” in the tool.

Review your campaign after you complete these steps.

Top tips

• Use features like suggested keywords and bids to help you set up effective campaigns.
  • Include high-quality listings in your campaign with complete and accurate item specifics and great photos for the best chance of gaining high visibility. In addition to your bid, factors including keyword relevancy, listing quality, competition, and daily budget determine whether your ad will appear in the number one position.
  • Use the daily budget feature to manage your ad spend.

You can also use both Promoted Listings Standard and Advanced together to help achieve maximum visibility for your ad placements across the eBay network, and utilize both budget approaches for your ad spend.

Coming later this month—Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA

Starting at the end of this month, Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA will be available to all eligible Promoted Listings sellers. If you’re eligible, you’ll be able to opt in to Promoted Listings AdvancedBETA to start bidding for the highly coveted top spot in the search results, as soon as it’s accessible.

All existing Promoted Listings campaigns will automatically be renamed Promoted Listings Standard campaigns, without you having to do anything. The only changes will be to the name and attribution logic.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 278
latest reply
277 REPLIES 277

If EVERY sellers does EVERYTHING the way ebay wants in regards to Promoting Listings,  ALL SELLERS LOOSE and EBAY takes more of your money!

Ebay is slowly stripping away ALL ebay profit from the sellers.

Message 181 of 278
latest reply

Agree 100% - since the implementation of this,  the last 3 days no sales, no offers, etc etc....here we go again!

Message 182 of 278
latest reply

Yes, me too...not one sale, no offers, nothing since this new PLA started!!!!

Message 183 of 278
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Interesting that since few days PLA going live not a sale since...has anyone else experienced no sale in several days? Not uncommon so to say lately but for sellers who sell items every day it does come across as odd. 

@nuclearomen 

@zamo-zuan 

Yes, it does.  And Yes, many of us have said since the Beta launched, something is up with sales.  

And yes, someone will comment that is not possible - well, it is tied to something, there are too many of us who have gone from multiples per day (we average 6-8 or so daily) to zero.  Zero for several days now.  It is odd.  Especially as other platforms are on FIRE and kickin it.  

Just too much to keep stressing over on this site.  There cannot be that many of us who are wrong.  

You're definitely not wrong. There's been more than enough evidence shared, some of it through eBay admitting to "testing for marketing" resulting in no sales, there's been bugs and glitches to cause this type of issue, and this situation hasn't been all that uncommon of an occurrence since eBay's AI backed search began use. And as mentioned earlier,  it's easy to debunk it being a "supply and demand" or "oversaturated category" issue by sharing statistics (especially with top sellers).

Message 184 of 278
latest reply

@nilis13 wrote:

Agree 100% - since the implementation of this,  the last 3 days no sales, no offers, etc etc....here we go again!

yeah, same, no sale in 3 days, last sale was morning of the 20th here. I have had views/watchers on a lot of stuff, but no sales (I don't do offers and I don't, or rarely get mails), I check my views/watchers counts daily, I also make a PDF files weekly of my active listings so I can compare views/watchers on weekly bases because it's easier for me to do that then to try and figure out through ebay stats how listing is doing. But even on items that I have that are very popular and sell every single day - nothing in 3 days... if views/watchers are happening wondering if it's an issue of check out (wouldn't be uncommon as this has been ongoing issue with ebay for several years now). In any case, if this is not just me then something is wrong. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 185 of 278
latest reply

There is something going on yet again especially with this brilliant Fall seller update. They promised us literally 3 years ago that they would cut back on making these huge updates for the Fall going into the holiday season. For 2 years they kept to their word, and now they are back at making these updates that are causing issues. I've noticed that our impressions have pretty much plummeted with whatever changes they have made on the back end. The last few days, we have gone on 4-5 hour stretches without a sale. Something odd is definitely going on here.

Message 186 of 278
latest reply

I want to also add that is fine if they want to introduce PPC, but do it the right way and not do a half you know what job. We've used Google Ads for years and the way eBay is doing PPC is netting them more money in their pockets than trying to help increase sales. For example, you can set your self a daily budget on Google Ads, but the way that they have it setup here, you will go broke and that one item will have cost you more than what it is worth after all of the fees. Just not sure who they talk to when these new features go into place.

Message 187 of 278
latest reply

@blacktopautoparts wrote:

I want to also add that is fine if they want to introduce PPC, but do it the right way and not do a half you know what job. We've used Google Ads for years and the way eBay is doing PPC is netting them more money in their pockets than trying to help increase sales. For example, you can set your self a daily budget on Google Ads, but the way that they have it setup here, you will go broke and that one item will have cost you more than what it is worth after all of the fees. Just not sure who they talk to when these new features go into place.

@blacktopautoparts  just to clarify - eBay does also have a daily budget for Promoted Listings Advanced and the campaign will "turn off" for the day once that budget is reached so you shouldn't be charged more than your budget for any given day.

I do think many of the concerns expressed by you and others on this topic are very valid, just wanted to make sure there wasn't confusion about that part. 😊

Message 188 of 278
latest reply

just to say, had a sale today, huge $14 which amounts to $1 and change profit... yippy, retirement in about 90 yrs at that rate. 

Message 189 of 278
latest reply

Folks posted that I was wrong - PLA would not affect PLS.

My impressions and views are lower than they have ever been.  4 days now, no sales.  Hit a brick wall with impressions and views steadily since Beta launched.

This is so messed up.  So much for selling a lot before USPS slow down/postage hike.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 190 of 278
latest reply

Always remember, there always going to be those around here that ra-ra-ra every single change and then blame it on everything else besides eBay and their shoddy programmers. Yes, PLA has drastically caused impressions to **bleep**

I was on the phone with eBay last night **bleep**

Either PLA is jacked up and items are also posting in other categories or those that are using PLA are also manipulating their keyword searches in a way to have items that do not **bleep**

civic.PNG

Another huge glitch that we uncovered is that when you have a promotion running, normally the banner shows the promotion in the listings and your store, is not appearing **bleep**

Then lets add the "View **bleep**

@zamo-zuanhad created a beautiful post a year ago detailing the last listing impressions debacle where we all had our impressions just **bleep**

Message 191 of 278
latest reply

@blacktopautoparts 

@nuclearomen 

These are my PL impressions - notice the "crash" time line and I have added 103 new listings this week to PL

PL Impressions.jpg

Posting ID Only.......
Message 192 of 278
latest reply

@blacktopautoparts wrote:

Another huge glitch that we uncovered is that when you have a promotion running, normally the banner shows the promotion in the listings and your store, is not appearing **bleep**

I can't forget a glitch that we've been facing for months where if we try to set a "Free Shipping" promotion, it will switch ALL of the listings to "Local Pickup Only"! 

We've had to manually fix THOUSANDS of listings that got the appropriate shipping boxes mixed up due to this glitch. And it still isn't fixed, apparently.

Message 193 of 278
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@blacktopautoparts 

@nuclearomen 

These are my PL impressions - notice the "crash" time line and I have added 103 new listings this week to PL

PL Impressions.jpg

@katzrul15 I don't add no where nears that many items at one time so I can't say I have experienced this, but it could be a new thing with PLS now that PLA is live. Did you try to end and start a new campaign? Usually if you do need 24-48 hrs for it to show a change. 

Message 194 of 278
latest reply

I messaged ebay via Facebook.  Rep flat out told me even though my items are being seen, I would now get more sales via the new promoted click to pay!!! So, days of no sales, traffic and views down. I knew this wasn't going to be good. I'm not making sales and there are no guarantees that paying per click will increase my sales. But, I'm pretty much guaranteed no sales unless I pay per click?

Message 195 of 278
latest reply