cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listing impressions in the tank with no explanation

I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with promoted listing impressions recently? I normally have about 40K promoted listing impressions a day and about 13k Organic. All of a sudden on around the 13th of July the promoted listing impressions are gone, down to about 3k a day and nothing has brought it back. I have spoken to the promoted listings department and that achieved nothing (was told it may be because of the change in the way they count views back in April). I even ended every one of my almost 500 listings and relisted as sell similar and started a new campaign and still nothing.  This is killing my sales as most are via promoted listing. Out of Ideas at this point. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Have those of you who had this issue gotten it fixed? We, too, have been experiencing the same issue with drops in promoted listings since July 15 or so. We were getting 400-500k PL impressions per days and then they dropped 60% overnight and have not recovered since. VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

I’ve called eBay several times and have a reference number. I was told to call back again tomorrow. I’m getting sales, but they’ve been very sporadic. Same with offers. On August 1st, everything was great! Impressions, page views, and sales seemed to be working again. The evening of August 2nd, the impressions graph was manipulated and showed a lower count like they retracted them. Still trying to figure out why. Promoted listings still isn’t working properly. The graph just keeps going down no matter how much I list, relist, or edit promotions.

Search criteria has been crazy too. I’m surprised customers can find what they’re searching for.  Search results shouldn’t change with the capitalization of a letter/part number or using the word “and” in the search.  Anyone who has a problem should call customer service and explain in detail what they’re experiencing. The gentleman I spoke to yesterday said this is an issue and he takes several calls daily.  If anyone has figured out a way to increase sales or has more info, please share. Sometimes I feel like promoted listings are hurting our   views/sales. 

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

WOW - how much time did that take you!? (the ending/sell similar)

Message 33 of 33
latest reply