cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listing Question

So I sold an item using "Promoted Listings" (I apparently didn't read the fine print before clicking "list" my bad). But anyway, the item sold... How does eBay let you know if you owe them money for a "promoted listings"? Is it explicitly stated in the e-mail that tells you the item sold? I'm confused.  There are no mentions of promoted listings in my "sale confirmation" email

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dani_avelino95 wrote:

So I sold an item using "Promoted Listings" (I apparently didn't read the fine print before clicking "list" my bad). But anyway, the item sold... How does eBay let you know if you owe them money for a "promoted listings"? Is it explicitly stated in the e-mail that tells you the item sold? I'm confused.  There are no mentions of promoted listings in my "sale confirmation" email

It should say "sold via promoted listing" in green above item in your sold listings section. Sound like they clicked on the link that wasn't promoted. ie you don't have to pay the PL fee on that one.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I can tell by looking on my all orders page in seller hub. It will say sold via promoted listings by each item it show for me right above the tracking number. If there is nothing there it was a regular sale.

Another place you can look is in your account summary and click all recent activity, you will see a charge for your regular FVF fee and right above or below(cant remember which) you will see a charge for an AD fee if it was a promoted sale.

The fee will just be added to the next billing cycle same as FVF fees.

If you qualify for any promoted listing credits (for large store owners or TRS sellers) they will get credited back a month after they charge you for it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply