cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Display Ads

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques tagging you because you always share great info on this topic.

This is the information I see regarding the placement of Promoted Display ads:

Ads will appear on listing pages of similar items in the category you choose to promote.

I do not see anything that indicates top-of-page placement on search pages for Promoted Display ads. So, I wonder what this is? Maybe a test? A new type of campaign? 

I put the blue box around the ad to highlight it in my screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 114824.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Promoted Display Ads

@mcdougle4248  @valueaddedresource 

If I'm not mistaken, the "official" page still only refers to placement on view item pages, but I seem to recall a reference to this additional placement, maybe on the Ads Team blog? So, I think this is part of the PL Display Beta that some sellers have access to.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Thank you!

Yep, I have access to Promoted Display. You are correct, the only information I see refers to placement on view item pages. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

Thanks for the tag @my-cottage-books-and-antiques !

@mcdougle4248 I don't believe it's posted anywhere publicly (then again not much about Promoted Display is) but back in August a seller had reached out and provided me a screenshot showing that when they created a campaign, the blurb said the ads would show on top of search results and in listing pages.

promoteddisplay.png

It was around that time I first saw one at the top of search too, like your screenshot.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-Listings-Advanced-amp-Promoted-Display-Placements/m-p...

However, several sellers I've checked with since then who have access to Promoted Display say it does not say anything about search for them and still only says it will be shown on item pages.

2023-10-17_15-46-47.jpg

My only guess is they are maybe running a "beta within a beta" or only offering the search slot to sellers who meet certain mystery criteria?

adsteam@ebay  devon@ebay kyle@ebay  - anything you can share on why some sellers are offered Promoted Display in search and listing pages and others only have access to listing page placement?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

@mcdougle4248  If you click that ad for Dogwood Farm Market, does it take you to a category page within the store, or to the Dogwood Store Home page?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

@valueaddedresource 

Thank you for the information.

I see the same as your second screenshot, with no mention of top of search results placement.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@mcdougle4248  If you click that ad for Dogwood Farm Market, does it take you to a category page within the store, or to the Dogwood Store Home page?

Sorry, I did not click on the ad and have already closed the page.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Sorry, I did not click on the ad and have already closed the page.

When I saw it for the first time back in August it was like on the view item page placement - if you clicked the individual item thumbnails it would take you to those items, but if you clicked the store logo, store name, or call to action text ("shop this store", "shop now", etc.) it would take you to a category page within the store.

Not sure if that's how it still works though.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Promoted Display Ads

Sure is nice to have somebody click on your promoted listing just click away because of another promoted listing on your items page. Great!  I think ads for stores are great for search pages. I do not like how much listing pages are getting filled up with distracting ads. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply