cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in informaiton listed in discription of an item

I just had an item returned because buyer said that item was listed as New in Box.  I listed the item as slightly used but in excellent condition.  I personally accused him of lying.  I knew what I had put in description and I did not and would not put something New in Box if it was obviously used.

Anyway, I accepted the item back and issued a refund. 

I checked the listing and sure enough the item was described as New in Box.  I nearly went ballistic.

I had another of same items listed and so I check that listing and it was listed New in Box but that IS NOT how I had described it.  So I deleted the listing.

EBay had used "stock" information from the manufacturer to described the item. That's OK but why would they put New in the Box??

Anyone ever had this problem before?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

First I would suggest you apologize to your buyer for calling them a liar..helgagirl.gif

If you use "sell similar" ALWAYS verify every part of the listing before you finalize..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is your responsibility to check and double check the information on your listing BEFORE you make it go live.  Yes sometimes ebay checks certain boxes of adds certain information that you do not want. You have to make sure the listing is 100% correct before you enter it. Sorry this happened to you. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lynarts wrote:

EBay had used "stock" information from the manufacturer to described the item.

eBay did not use stock information. 

You did. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Is it this one? 

Sceptre E195BD-SRR 19" 720p LED LCD Television - Black. Condition is "New". Shipped with USPS Priority Mail.ll

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It says New in 3 different spots...even the written part

Message 6 of 6
latest reply