cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail tape

If it was to be made available, how much would you be willing to pay the post office for a roll of Priority Mail tape?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Priority Mail tape

You can not sell USPS supplies.  People have tried and the listings are often pulled and the seller is given a violation.

There is a regular poster here that has a garage full of tape, due to a glitch in ordering, and if he could list and sell it, he would be rich now.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@retrose1

He asked, "how much would you be willing to pay the post office."

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

Partial: Thanks for your response.  The post office is in deep debt and I thought even a little help would be beneficial.  Often I find people asking the cleck for some tape, and when received, they tend to suffacate the box using as much tape as they possibly can.  If they had to pay for it, perhaps they would be a little, maybe more, conservative. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

I'm in Vegas and I can get 3M shipping tape for $0.99 a roll at the dollar store. So they wouldn't make much money from me lol.
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

Wow, the PO employees around here will not let customers touch their tape.  They'll offer to sell you a little roll of plain tape for $3.

Personally I can't stand the Priority Mail tape.   It smells funny and is difficult to handle.  I have a box of it that I can't get rid of, that my mom got back when you could order it online.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

My bad, no coffee.

The PO does give their tape away if they know you.  And most branches have supplies that anyone can walk in and pay way too high prices for, including tape.

OP, if you are worried about how badly the PO is in debt, then report postage abusers to them directly.  I enjoy doing it and they are grateful.  The last time I walked in with a package the seller paid the cost for 6oz and it weighted over 3lbs.  The postmaster took the box with their printed label on it and I saw her holding the box while she was on the phone to the postmaster of the branch of the person who shipped it.  That person no longer buys or sells on ebay anymore.   You can make a difference doing that as one of our branches discovered that they were losing thousands every month due to people underpaying when they printed their shipping.

The cost of a little tape is not going to make or break them.  And I have gotten items where the seller had to pay extra because they used way too much tape and it bumped up to the next price.

(*Bleep*)
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Wow, the PO employees around here will not let customers touch their tape.  They'll offer to sell you a little roll of plain tape for $3.

Personally I can't stand the Priority Mail tape.   It smells funny and is difficult to handle.  I have a box of it that I can't get rid of, that my mom got back when you could order it online.

I love the smell of the older PM tape.  It smells faintly like bitter chocolate to me.

I think they have changed the logo of the PO since they stopped shipping tape out of the website.   I have a pile of it (but wouldn't mind some more hint, hint) and use it for a lot of things.  The clerks give me good natured grief whan I put it on the PM boxes, because I don't trust the stick-um on the boxes.  But I also use it for other things like taping lint off dark coats and sweaters and marking plain boxes Priority rather than using stick on labels.

(*Bleep*)
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@oscodapete

Priority tape is not meant to be packing tape.

It is super thin, it is to be used to better identify priority packages.

That is what my PO told me. and it is free at the counter.

The PO is NOT in debt.

Congress is making them pay Retirement and health care 75 years in advance.

They are paying for employees not even born yet.

This is a ploy by republicans to bankrupt the PO, so they can privatize it.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@sockmonkeydave wrote:
... a ploy by republicans to bankrupt the PO, so they can privatize it.

And should that ever happen, good luck to those in remote areas getting your mail without extra charges being imposed, if you can get it delivered at all.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

Nothing, I get ebay branded tape free but as for the PO being in financial trouble... I've been hearing that story since I can recall, way things have gone they should have shut their doors about 20 or so years ago.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

I would pay $3 a roll for that FANTASTIC tape. . .

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

You can get rid of it right here!

List it on eBay and I'll buy it. . .

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@z50com wrote:

You can get rid of it right here!

List it on eBay and I'll buy it. . .

Did you read my earlier post?   Partial will get violated if they list it.   USPS supplies can not be resold.

(*Bleep*)
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Priority Mail tape

@z50com

@z50com wrote:

I would pay $3 a roll for that FANTASTIC tape. . .

Oh  Z the big joker, I always get a laugh when you post.

Priority tape is crud and you know it.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply