cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferences for items awaiting payment

Hello,

I understand this topic has been discussed many times and after reading the question/answers, I have managed to confuse myself regarding accepted offers and payments.

As a seller, when an offer is accepted, I want immediate payment. I checked into preferences but only have the option for payments to made within 30 days.

Is there another setting that I can adjust for immediate payment once offer is accepted?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No, not yet. Ebay was supposedly going to roll out that feature this summer, but I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time. I wish they would, considering the number of non-payers we hear about for offers accepted.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

EBay did roll out a pilot program requiring some buyers to confirm payment befire they made an offer. As @wrong66  mentioned they said that eventually all sellers would have the option of requiring that but it hasnt happened yet.  On your selling preferences you can check off that you require a payment method before a buyer can make an offer but that will only come into effect if eBay makes it an option for sellers.

To check off that option go to selling preferences / blocked buyer list / buyer payment requirements.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Maybe it’s just me but I find  it really odd that we have to click on blocked buyers list to reach buyer requirements and buyers payment requirements.  Wouldn’t it make more sense to have that under ‘Managing who can buy from you’? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Having Best Offer voids the Immediate Payment Required setting. As others said, there is currently no way to enable that feature for offers.

Listing as fixed price without Best Offer is the current method for getting immediate payment. I use it exclusively on all my listings, save for the infrequent auction. Auctions also cannot support IPR, except for those who list auctions with a Buy It Now. If the buyer selects the BIN price, the setting can be enabled. Once a bid is made, the BIN disappears along with the IPR. 

See the link below for more info on Immediate Payment Required.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/immediate-payment-works?id=415...

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes, but...

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh 

I use Best Offer and your explanation helped me see why I was getting confused. I have been thinking about moving to fixed price because of the lack of payment. Thanks for the link! I had read this fact sheet but missed the connection to Best Offer. I would like to see the stats if indeed buyers are 3-7% more inclined to purchase when a seller uses Best Offer.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005something to think about. I haven't blocked any buyers yet. I know some people block a buyer if they haven't paid but I also realize life happens so give the buyer the benefit of the doubt. However, with the upcoming holiday seasons, my approach may change.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

That is deeply embedded work around! Shouldn't be that difficult. Now I see why I was confused, I was reading about the pilot. Good grief, it should be rolled out now. Just recognized I used the word "should" two times in this post and is sad!

When I taught college entry courses, we discussed how the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" have no place in our lives as it pertains to moving forward.

Thank you for your info!!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Your choice to block/not block.

I live by ......   fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@wrong66 

I read many posts this morning with sellers experiencing the same frustrations! Even social media posts complain about the lack of paying.

Thank you for your info!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Last I knew the "require payment method on offers" when added, was auto checked as a requirement. Those sellers that did not want that could uncheck the box.

Some sellers get offers from buyers that wish to purchase multiple items (from different listings) by "offer", and that new eBay "provide payment source/immediate payment" when making offers would not work out, as it messed up the combined shipping.

They had to go in to uncheck the box, and that was only if the buyer contacted them. Some buyers(even those that would have paid as quickly as possible) just back away when presented with the requirement to pre authorze. 

It actually locks their funds with they payment source for a while even when the "offer" is not accepted by the seller. If they get a counter offer from the seller, and then want to counter offer back they pre authorize more funds.

A good idea for sellers, but has drawbacks for the potential buyer.  Again as other posted, only applies to those buyers that are/were in the "test".

Message 12 of 12
latest reply