cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popular Discussion Board and GTC

As of 6/1/2019 11:51 PST the 3 leading discussions are regarding folks trying to deal with the GTC Nightmare.

Funny how eBay will acknowledge that this is a leading ongoing problem on it's discussion boards yet has no remedies to offer.

Job well done eBay.  

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Popular Discussion Board and GTC

They do have a Remedy !! It's called ( GTC ) !! It's Here ( for the time being ) and the constant posting will do absolutely nothing about it !! ( Money and Only Money ) will dictate If it stays or it goes. You have ( 2 ) choices. Deal with it or Not !!! All of these constant posts in a Forum of all places are unnecessary as We All know it's here !! Just look and see how many people have left the Forum after they voiced their opinions and nothing was done !! And nothing will be. And You don't get a ( Ribbon ) 😂😂 for posting in the Forum 😂😂 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@punkparrots wrote:

As of 6/1/2019 11:51 PST the 3 leading discussions are regarding folks trying to deal with the GTC Nightmare.

It's just the latest punching bag that people complain about ... eBay will change something else soon, and the color of the punching bag will change.

Some recent punching bags:

• Automated returns
  • Promoted listings
  • Shipping Label Page change
  • Best Offer imposed on listings
  • Algorithm change in 2018
  • Forcing all into Seller Hub
  • http to https change
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

They do have a Remedy !! It's called ( GTC ) !! It's Here ( for the time being ) and the constant posting will do absolutely nothing about it !!

Wrong. They have in the past listened to what was being said on here.

( Money and Only Money ) will dictate If it stays or it goes. You have ( 2 ) choices. Deal with it or Not !!!

Or constantly voice your opion as is our right and will continue to do.

All of these constant posts in a Forum of all places are unnecessary as We All know it's here !!

Wrong.

It is completely necessary. If it bothers you then quite reading them.

Just look and see how many people have left the Forum after they voiced their opinions and nothing was done !!

And nothing will be. You do not know that.

And You don't get a ( Ribbon ) 😂😂 for posting in the Forum 😂😂 

YA. and too bad they don't have a thumbs down widget.

Keep complaining people and giving your examples of what GTC  has done to you.

It is your right.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@pauls-parts wrote:

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

They do have a Remedy !! It's called ( GTC ) !! It's Here ( for the time being ) and the constant posting will do absolutely nothing about it !!

Ummm .... if something changed, I would say that is only coincidence. 

eBay makes decisions based on profit, and they reverse decisions only if the original decision was hurting profit rather than helping profit. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I remember last year that we voiced our opinions & complaints about the new markdown management rule of 14 days.

I feel that our voices helped there to get it over ruled.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@pauls-parts wrote:

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

eBay makes decisions based on profit, and they reverse decisions only if the original decision was hurting profit rather than helping profit. 

Ummm....   WRONG:

Since so many sellers have stated that it has hurt their profit. That stands to reason it is effecting eBay.

And it was not coincidence that eBay reversed their plan on Markdown manager. They even stated that they were listening and made the decision to reverse it.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I have been cancelling my ads right before they reach the 30 day auto renewal . Then wait for the new 50 free monthly listings, and also a inter-month free listings offer...you just have to be aware of the start./end date which shows at the far right end of the new layout.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@pauls-parts wrote:

@orangehound wrote:

@pauls-parts wrote:

@sweetpieces4you wrote:

Ummm....   WRONG:

Since so many sellers have stated that it has hurt their profit. That stands to reason it is effecting eBay.

And it was not coincidence that eBay reversed their plan on Markdown manager. They even stated that they were listening and made the decision to reverse it.

Responding to the text I've highlighted in red ... this statement (that I see on here a lot) is not true.  Just because a buyer does not buy an item from Seller A, does not mean that the buyer doesn't buy it from Seller B, Seller C or Seller D.  That is, eBay is not necessarily affected just because one seller or a group of sellers are not making sales.

Overall eBay's sales have been mostly flat for years (or single digit growth) for years.  Yet, to listen to people on these boards, one would think that eBay's sales are plummeting simply because sellers generalize their own sales problems to eBay as a whole.  It just isn't true ...

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Who's been on here long enough to remember the teeth grinding and chest thumping over EBAY pushing Paypal onto it's sellers?

Now we have threads from people laying awake at night worrying that EBAY might take Paypal away from us.

Why is it that some of us are willing to give EBAY vast sums of money every month and tie our professional selves to EBAY's future, But we're not willing to listen to EBAY or consider that maybe, Just maybe they know what their talking about.

I screamed long and loud when GTC was shoved down my throat.

By far, May 2019 was the best month I've ever had on EBAY since February 2000 April 2019 was the 3rd best month I've ever had.

Why? GTC? GTC does not seem to be hurting my sales at all.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I totally agree with you mr. parts guy... and thanks for bringing up the GTC fiasco problem again...i am favor of your latest message.messages as my selling options are gone and i totally agree with that they got ripped away...and now our choices are only Auctions or GTC (that stinks) ...My selling options are gone as yours...Still lots of the Kool-Aid and EBAY Band Wavers with Ribbons and all the Other Awards...they may be simply special... and other people here and may God Bless them/you ALL....GOOD LUCK to YOU

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

You can see sales for your category as well. Not to mention the fact that you yourself mentioned that Ebay has been stagnant for years, maybe ebay should listen to its sellers more. If revenue is growing at a slower rate than GDP, that shoudl be a sign they have problems.

Even if revenue is up this next quarter, it could be from "promotions" as opposed to increased sales. That does seem to be their strategy, increase total revenue, even at the cost of less sales. Very short sited, and suicidal for the long term. Notice the method they use to charge for promotions, instead of it being a seperate fee, it shows up as an regular commission on their balance sheet. So they could actually be decreasing the actual gross amount of sales on their platform, yet show an increase in sales commission.

Good chance that will fool some investors, as hard stats on total sales on Ebay are hard to come buy, but it is the equivalent of slow evolving cannibalism, sacrificing the size of your marketplace for some short term earnings

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Speaking up is the way to go....dont just take it and like it from anyone !

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Ebay should have no say in how we get paid....period...any form of payment should be allowed. Really none of their biz...

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

OK, I'll post this in my oldest account to show I've been around here for a while (1996 selling, even further back as a buyer - I remember when it was AuctionWeb). Yeah, I remember being pushed into PayPal, and not liking it - but the history of PayPal 'coercion' is a little more complex. See, Ebay had its own auction-payment service, Billpoint, as I recall, which Paypal was beating head-to-head, because it was better and sellers AND buyers were using it instead of Billpoint. So what did Ebay do? Bought Paypal, killed Billpoint, and Wah-Lah (as us uneddykatid Texans say it), no more competition AND the power to stick it to the eBay community with impunity!  Then they made it mandatory, disallowed us saying we would take personal checks in our listings (how are they going to double their cut if we go around Paypal?), etc.

And there are so many other ways eBay as shafted the 'small' seller over the decades. Yes, we built it for them, but now they don't need us. They've got China! All the rest of you riff-raff can go to Etsy and curl up and die, as far as eBay is concerned now. We are free to lick up the crumbs from under the table if we want, be we dassn't question the big bosses!  All us small sellers are just cockroaches to eBay now. I've been learning to deal with it for about 10 years now.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply