cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Information/Social Media Accounts

Hi all,

I know ebay has a policy that you cannot share personal information on its platform. I've begun attempts to draw traffic to my store by creating Facebook and Instagram pages with the same username. I may link to my ebay store items on those pages, sell those items through my pages exclusively if the customer wishes, or sell completely different items there. I know there is not an explicit rule against crossposting as long as users don't have stock problems as a result (correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what my research shows). However, my Instagram page used to be my personal page with the same username. I'd like to mix it up with photography/history/bookselling lifestyle content and personalize my business. I may even, gods forbid, want to start a TikTok page to promote. Will ebay have a problem with me sharing more personal content on Facebook and Instagram in an attempt to get people to come to my store and buy items? The "personal information" would mostly consist of photos/videos of myself during the process of buying and selling books, promoting and recommending books, etc. I hope I've put this question clearly.

If this seems an odd question, I know that ebay has banned users for their username being associated with another ebay account that has violated policies in some way. Is this a violation of a policy if it is done with the same business across other social media platforms?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Personal Information/Social Media Accounts

Also, if I want to add a business email, phone number, or my address so people can reach me on those pages? I do have local pickup selected on my ebay page.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply