cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal fees after Buyer buys, pays, then messages me that it was a mistake and they want a refund

Buyer buys, pays, then messages me this "Thought the kit came with a controller I would like to cancel my order. "Microsoft Xbox ONE Play and Charge Kit new sealed   Item# 192061418062.

This is fine with me , ebay refund's the Final Value fees but I have to pay a return fee with Paypal because of their mistake, the buyer should pay this return of funds fee!  This fee with Paypal adds up after a while.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paypal fees after Buyer buys, pays, then messages me that it was a mistake and they want a refu

@randilynn** wrote:

Buyer buys, pays, then messages me this "Thought the kit came with a controller I would like to cancel my order. "Microsoft Xbox ONE Play and Charge Kit new sealed   Item# 192061418062.

This is fine with me , ebay refund's the Final Value fees but I have to pay a return fee with Paypal because of their mistake, the buyer should pay this return of funds fee!  This fee with Paypal adds up after a while.

Don't worry @randilynn**.  Pretty soon it won't be a problem as eBay has "promised"  that with their new in-house payment system sellers will only pay a percentage fee of the total transaction not that plus a $.30 processing fee for each transaction as PayPal charges now.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Paypal fees after Buyer buys, pays, then messages me that it was a mistake and they want a refu

PayPal keeps the 30 cent fee, but there should be no other charges.  I agree it's annoying that the buyer's mistake ends up costing the seller money, but as long as it's only once in a while I can live with it.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This is the third time just this week. I beginning to think it is the eBay free shipping and returns to have theTop Rated Seller status.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not only do you lose that 30 cent paypal fee but you also have to pay to relist the item. I never thought any of this was right but it is what it is. This is why their CEO`s are rich and we are here busting our humps. Maybe a few of us will end up being CEO`s if we keep working hard.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 5 of 5
latest reply