cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on international shipping

I sold two items and is says international shipping but they are going to Illinois. It says the funds won't be released until July 5th which is like 3 months away. I don't really want to sell something that is going to not pay me for that long. Could this be a scam? I don't get why the funds won't be released sooner.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That's how eBay International Shipping works, although the payment hold is separate from that (the timeframe may be due to it being international).  If you cancel, you'll earn defects on your account and it could keep you from continuing to sell here.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@erande6036 

With international shipping it can take somewhat longer to receive your funds & you are also a new seller selling expensive electronics in multiples.  Be careful.  Lately eBay is going after this type of selling behavior.  They could ask you for receipts for all those laptops, as well as tracking.  Due to all the stolen merchandise on this platform, the law is leaning on eBay to clean it up.  Not pointing any fingers,  just giving you a heads up.

Congrats on your sales.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@erande6036 wrote:

I sold two items and is says international shipping but they are going to Illinois. It says the funds won't be released until July 5th which is like 3 months away. I don't really want to sell something that is going to not pay me for that long. Could this be a scam? I don't get why the funds won't be released sooner.

Where are you seeing this July date for the release of funds?

I have never heard of a Payment Hold of that length, not sure I've ever heard of one longer than 30 days.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

As others noted your items is going through the EIS hub in Illinois. I really don't understand the extended hold or where you got the date but you are shipping from Denver to the EIS hub in Illinois and once the item is delivered to the hub it is pretty much their responsibility to deliver to the buyer and you have pretty much blanket seller protection even from chargebacks. 

You may want to contact eBay through social media and inquire as to why the funding hold is so protracted. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply