cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal verified shipping address

Wasn't sure to post this in selling or shipping.

I had a sale overnight. A nice sale.  10 of one item.  The seller wants me to ship it to him to an address other than his verified PayPal address.  I know not to do that.  I told him to login and update his verified shipping address. 

My question is ... if he does update his shipping address AFTER the sale and label has not yet been printed, later tonight when i print out his shipping label, will that change show?  Or will it still show is old verified shipping address?

Thanls for your help. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If he’s already paid then any changes he makes will NOT show on your end. Whatever address he provided at the time of payment will be the address you see when you go to print the label. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If the communications is on eBay messages then I would tell him you can not make any changes to the address in the order details and that your agreement with ebay and paypal is that you must ship to the address in the transaction.  Ask the buyer if they want to cancel and repurchase with the correct address.

If they so no and anything like you are being difficult I would just report the buyer for making unreasonable demands after the sale.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I get requests like that regularly and in 20 years of selling here I have never, ever had a problem because of it.  I also sell items that are not high-fraud, nor are they over $200 at the highest. 

The only way you can force him to change the address is to cancel the sale because of a "problem with the buyer's address" and have him re-purchase after he changes the shipping address.  Frequently, when a seller does this, the buyer never comes back to re-do the purchase. 

I don't know what you sold, but whether I would comply would depend on the risk level for the items and the total purchase price. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ok, thanks for the info fellas!

So the change will NOT show.  The only/correct way to do it is to have him update his address, cancel the order, and re-order with the correct address?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

So the change will NOT show.  The only/correct way to do it is to have him update his address, cancel the order, and re-order with the correct address?

The change will not show. The buyer's Ship To: address is conveyed to you at payment time, along with the other payment details, and you cannot ship to a different location after that without losing your seller protection for Item Not Received disputes. 

In order to show the corrected address on the Shipping label, you'll need to refund (Cancel due to problem with address), have the buyer update his address (either by editing his old address, or by adding his new one as an alternate choice and then selecting it), and buy the item again. This will involve a little more busywork on his part, but it's better to nudge him through the update and get it done.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@inhawaii

Cancel problem with buyers address 
Then tell the  buyer to  purchase & at checkout he/she will be able to change to the correct address shown in screenshot below on checkout page.
I change to family &friends all the time at checkout .
Then your covered with ebay & Paypal 

With the new seller update I am not sure I would ever listen to ebay about if address change request  is in messages we will cover you, plus the fact that Paypal never would cover you
so what ebay says or does means nothing .

You need to be shipping to the Paypal address on the transaction page to be covered by Paypal.

address 4.jpg

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

eBay has said buyers requesting a different ship to address inside the ebay messages was fine for the eBay money back guarantee and will protect sellers should a request get opened, but we do not know how much cooperation eBay has with Paypal any longer as it seems to be a riff now that eBay is going to have a new processor?

alan@ebay 

How does eBay want sellers to handle these situations?  If it is okay to use an address a buyer requests in an ebay message will eBay cooperate and share the info with paypal should the buyer open a paypal INR case?  I understand the paypal case is not decided by eBay in any way, but is eBay able to help sellers in these situations.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

eBay has said buyers requesting a different ship to address inside the ebay messages was fine for the eBay money back guarantee and will protect sellers should a request get opened, but we do not know how much cooperation eBay has with Paypal any longer as it seems to be a riff now that eBay is going to have a new processor?

alan@ebay 

How does eBay want sellers to handle these situations?  If it is okay to use an address a buyer requests in an ebay message will eBay cooperate and share the info with paypal should the buyer open a paypal INR case?  I understand the paypal case is not decided by eBay in any way, but is eBay able to help sellers in these situations.

Good Luck Selling!

Message #36 from Trinton & this is one of many more.
ebay says they will but your out of luck with Paypal or Credit cards
And now with the Fall seller update will ebay even cover you?
Wouldn't take a chance on any of them .

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scammed-out-of-400-thanks-to-eBay/td-p/27820629/page/2

Hi xxxxxx while I know that the OP's situation is undoubtedly stressful, we aren't able to speak to the processes or policies of a third party. eBay does offer protection for a seller through the eBay Money Back Guarantee program if the item was shipped to an address the buyer provided after payment through eBay messages. PayPal or another financial institution the buyer seeks protection with may not offer the same assurance. Since we offer protection for an address provided to the seller through eBay messages, we will educate that this is a protection we provide. A seller would be encouraged to research the requirements for other protection programs they may have to comply with, as eBay is not able to offer assistance for any losses through a third party investigation.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's not really clear to me if the buyer has already paid. If they haven't paid, then they can change their address at the time of payment and you will be covered if you ship to that address.

Sellers do not have to ship to a Paypal verfied address to be covered by ebay or PP seller protection. They have to ship to the address used at the time of payment which could be any address they chose to use.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply