cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal business account required suddenly?

I've sold one item successfully, an amiibo, where the buyers payment went to my personal PayPal connected to my eBay account fine. But I tried selling two other listings and both gave me an email to my contact email (different from my PayPal) saying I have "(payment amount) credit waiting to be claimed when I make a PayPal Business account"? Why did the first one work and the others acting like this? I'm just one person with extra stuff o want to get rid of. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Possibly the first payment came from the buyers PayPal balance. I think you need the Business account to receive credit card funded payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/account-selection?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Reads like a MAJOR SCAM to me

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I looked into this before, an it seems it isn't needed for creditcard stuff according to this user:

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't have a paypal business account and have never had this issue.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Check your listings.  Meaning go into them like you are going to edit them.  Go down to the area where you put in your PP email address.  Look at it VERY carefully.  Is it correct?

Do your sale of these other two items show in Ebay?

Have you logged into your PP account to see if the money is there?

After you check your listings to make sure you didn't create a typo and if the sale of the item shows in Ebay, call PP tomorrow and get them to help you through this.  They will be able to help you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply