cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages Refreshing While Listing, Get your S*** Together Ebay!!!!!

it boggles my mind how ebay is always asking for more of a cut from our sales with the ridiculous scam that is promoted listings, yet hardly even has a functional website. Every time I am listing something, at least once (usually 3-4 times!) the page will refresh and I lose information that I've input. I've seen several people post about this so I'm not the only one having this issue (in fact it happened while typing this post!). It's 100% an ebay specific issue, as it does not happen to me with any other sites. 

Please fix it? Your site and algorithm are top of the line trash, maybe only Amazon tops you in crapiness.

-Dave

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I make heavy use of Sell Similar from existing listings and do not see any problems.

No templates, no drafts.

No data loss.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I'd rather the tools eBay purports to give us actually WORK than having to devise work-arounds - using 'sell similar' for me increases the work as I sell one-offs and end up having to edit *everything* rather than just dropping in a description, title and changing some IS's in a template.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

As usual you missed the point.  The OP is more concerned with the platform working properly and stop wasting his time.  That is the issue, eBay needs to fix all the issues with their site.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Bah! Maybe they're tinkering under the hood (give that engine another crank, Goober!)

Screenshot 2024-02-09 081720.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I have on chat and called in. Also We have left it in the feedback.  It still keeps happening, we have just resigned ourselves to doing it the 2 or 3 times.  It just seems to be the way the app works now.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Yesterday, whenever i would search and filter for sold listings ( trying to find and identify an item)- i was shown the exact same search results over and over- as if it was not even seeing what i typed in the box. If i searched for vintage chevy radio delete plate- i was shown the exact same search results as when i would search for ford steering wheel horn button.   It was so bizarre.  Made finding comps impossible.   

I hope ebay has a plan in place to improve and hire better IT programmers soon!  Its starting to unravel already.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

it boggles my mind how ebay is always asking for more of a cut from our sales with the ridiculous scam that is promoted listings,

eBay has a long history of making changes that benefit eBay at the expense of sellers. And eBay sellers have a long history of accepting those changes and continuing to list here. You appear to be one of them. 

yet hardly even has a functional website.

"Hardly functional" seems a bit dramatic, I use the site daily and it functions just fine for me.  

the page will refresh and I lose information that I've input

I have listed about 100 items over the past week and I have not seen this. What hardware platform, browser, and listing form are you using? 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@frecklesfinery88 wrote:

Yes, I have on chat and called in. Also We have left it in the feedback.  It still keeps happening, we have just resigned ourselves to doing it the 2 or 3 times.  It just seems to be the way the app works now.

This could be an issue for the App only.  Have you tried to create listings on a laptop or desktop?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 23
latest reply