cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS where have they gone?

Over the last 6 months with my much more active selling I have of course  received my 50 Free promotions but over the period of individual months I would also receive both 100 and 400  Free No Insertion Fees promotions. This month January I have only received my 50 Free ones. I chatted with a gentleman there and he said he would get back to me regarding the other promotions.  No one got back to me. Any ideas or suggestions on how to reinstate these secondary promotions that Ebay has offered to me in the past?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I have a store subscription and have not received any promotions for additional listings in several months.  ebay tells us that these promotions, by invitation only, are sent randomly, and are not on any schedule.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Yes that is what 1 person told me yet another person was quite puzzled by it and said they would get back to me yet never did. Can I ask when was the last time you did get a promotion like that?
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I am in the same boat. Last year from January 1 thru mid March I checked every morning to hopefully find the 100 or 500 additional free listings. It was a long depressing dry spell. Then every month until now there was at least one extra free listings offer. I am so afraid there will be another long dry spell. Hope like crazy that I'm wrong.

Good luck to you & all the sellers hoping for more free listings!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I sure could use one of those promotions right now. I have invested in a considerable amount of merchandise above and beyond my store limits of 250 BIN items hoping to receive one of those promotions. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote:

ebay tells us that these promotions, by invitation only, are sent randomly, and are not on any schedule.

I seem to recall that many of the promotions are sent strategically (rather than randomly) to select sellers who tend to list inventory that eBay feels is in short supply ... conversely, the promotions would be less frequent (or non existent) for those sellers who tend to list inventory that is not in demand or over-stocked.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Try 3 years. That is how long I have gone with only getting 1 listing promotions during that time. I gave up trying to call because the answer was always the same- it is random. Now how random can that be? Ebay ignores me other than collecting it's money and I have been here for 18 years now.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

That makes sense. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Same here Laurabeardsley.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yep also been years. I would get them before I opened my store and for a few months after opening my store. Then they stopped altogether. I figure it just took a bit for the free listing allocators to get notice I had a store and then they turned them off for me.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Last  free promo I received was for Dec 15 thru 19.  Up til then we would receive at least one per month.  All stated  the promo was sent by invitation.

Of course we receive the allotment of 50 each first of the month.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

There's a 200 one out now.  Last week was 100.

No store.  I get these regularly.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

update: I got one for 100 listings on 1-17.  this morning got another for 200. Very thankful! Maybe you'll get one soon. I know how horrid it is to have to wait.Good luck to everyone selling.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I don't have a store, but get these 11/12 months each year.  Maybe this isn't your month.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply