cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened unpaid item case but I no longer want to sell

Opened unpaid item case but I no longer want to sell to this ahole, so how do I keep it from paying now that it's been reported to eBay? And how do I keep someone who made an offer, I ended my auction for it, lost the ten other good offers I'd received, and then never heard from this jerk? I don't want it to be able to leave any feedback for its horrible behavior.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Opened unpaid item case but I no longer want to sell

@to.hell.in.a.handbag wrote:

Opened unpaid item case but I no longer want to sell to this ahole, so how do I keep it from paying now that it's been reported to eBay? And how do I keep someone who made an offer, I ended my auction for it, lost the ten other good offers I'd received, and then never heard from this jerk? I don't want it to be able to leave any feedback for its horrible behavior.

Chances are since he did not pay before, he will not now.

But if he does prior to the case closing then you have to send out the item.

But after rhis all plays out, do remember to block him from further purchases.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The only way to block this buyer from leaving feedback is to wait until the unpaid item claim is 4 days old so you get the option to give them a nonpayment strike.  There is no way to block them from paying while the case is open.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You kinda worked yourself into an ebay corner when you opened the UID.  Buyers are a crafty bunch; some choosing to use all the grace period they can get until either paying, or taking the UI strike, most likely against a sacrificial buyer account id.  

Had the UID not been opened, you could have cancelled the sale yourself, with, unfortunately, a POSSIBLE defect, depending on the reason given.  

So.  Wait the 4 days for the UID to run its course.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
Not sure I understand, why would you end an auction for someone who made an offer and then didn't pay? If you ended it and then reposted fixed price at their offer amount, it should have been Immediate Payment Required, thus if they didn't pay the listing wouldn't end, allowing someone else to purchase.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

All of the OP's completed listings are fixed price, so I think she must be referring to an accepted Best offer.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@to.hell.in.a.handbag if u opened an unpaid item case u have to let it ride out.

if the buyer pays u have to ship it. if he doesnt, then he gets a strike and your done. unfortuantely, as others said in this thread, many of them have mulitple id's 

if u have to deal with this im sorry. if u have money, u can put them in jail. been there done that a lot

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@keithharrierenterprises wrote:

@to.hell.in.a.handbag if u opened an unpaid item case u have to let it ride out.

if the buyer pays u have to ship it. if he doesnt, then he gets a strike and your done. unfortuantely, as others said in this thread, many of them have mulitple id's 

if u have to deal with this im sorry. if u have money, u can put them in jail. been there done that a lot

Put them in jail?

lol

so you're implying that you have put eBay buyers that have unpaid items in jail?

please explain- I'm sure many eBay sellers would be interested in the details 

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 8 of 8
latest reply