cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay. Here's the new plan.

I had four in a row difficult experiences with buyers lately.

It's because i was on a phone. The new phone app doesn't show feedback left for others, or previous purchases. The worst was a buy-it-now, which I do not like. Scared the daylights outa me. Took my listings down.

I want my buyers to make offers so I can check them out. I can google some id's and get that info. If I cant get that info from google, I'll decline. So, I raised my prices to encourage best offer.

Took out gsp. Theres a train wreck coming to gsp soon. When they begin charging to show international, I'm thinking I'll just list my most popular lightweight item internationally, in hope that the buyers will click see sellers other items, and use a freight forwarder.

Sound good?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Not really.  You shouldn't run your eBay business on a phone.  The apps are not adequate to the task.

You also don't need to do stalker level research on every buyer.  If you feel you do, maybe eBay isn't the right place for you.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

@annindallaswrote:

I want my buyers to make offers so I can check them out. I can google some id's and get that info. If I cant get that info from google, I'll decline.

Creepy staker type behavior.

Frankly your items arent high end enough to resort to checking out every buyer

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

" I want my buyers to make offers so I can check them out. I can google some id's and get that info. If I cant get that info from google, I'll decline. So, I raised my prices to encourage best offer."

----------

When you buy,

do you make best offers when a seller has a price that is too high?

Or do you hit the back button and find a seller asking a realistic price?

jmtcw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

eBay isn't a good site for sellers to exercise control or paranoia issues.

Have you considered the possibility that you are having a high rate of bad experiences because your practices are driving away the rational buyers?

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

The old app was fine.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

I havent relisted the good items yet. Still a bit gunshy.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

@annindallaswrote:

The old app was fine.

Except it didn’t show ADS ... so eBay had to “improve” it.

Now it’s garbage.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 8 of 49
latest reply

When i buy, ive never gone with the least expensive. I look for a seller i like. Sometimes they have bad feedback and they need the business.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

Yes, and best offer is a great way to screen a members feedback left for others when you get an offer, giving you the chance to block them before hand, you may not want to risk selling to someone that habitually leaves negatives on every purchase, I find this extremely helpful, however, you would also have to end the listing and relist to make this action effective, as you cannot block a current listing from a buyer who has given a best offer. A little paranoia can have significant rewards. It's my stuff, and If I don't want to sell it to certain people, it's my right not to.

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

And for the record, when i accepted an offer for a pricey item, i mention in messages that they had the best feedback and compliment them on a recent purchase.

On a few occasions, ive mentioned to the offer-maker that while i love her feedback and taste, im concerned because she wears a size 10 shoe and these pants are a size 2.

Would she please check the measirements again?

Ive never had a buyer complain that i do this.

They thank me for my professionalism.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

@annindallaswrote:

When i buy, ive never gone with the least expensive. I look for a seller i like. Sometimes they have bad feedback and they need the business.

Your buying and selling habits as explained here sounds like you are a profiler?  You research and rank other party profiles to see if both parties are a good enough match to do business?

That is some of the strangest pattern behavior I have read here in the forum?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Yes, posting id, i want to make sure the buyer  and item are a good match.

Sometimes they havent read everything. Sometimes it looks bigger in the picture. Sometimes they're in a rush, the baby cried, someone at the door, pot on the stove.

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

And for the record, when i accepted an offer for a pricey item, i mention in messages that they had the best feedback and compliment them on a recent purchase.

On a few occasions, ive mentioned to the offer-maker that while i love her feedback and taste, im concerned because she wears a size 10 shoe and these pants are a size 2.

I'm sorry, but to me, that is anything but professionalism.  If I had a seller question me about my purchase or let me know they were researching my previous purchases, I would not be pleased.  That's like saying the quiet things aloud. 

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

@annindallaswrote:

As a buyer I would tell you to MYOB and thatth would be buying from someone.

It's not your business if your buyer wears a size 10 and andand if purchasing a size 2 from you. For all they are buying it for someone else.

Maybe you haven't had buyers complain in the past but I wonder how many buyers you send a message to that are offended and definitely won't buy from you ever again.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply