cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers to viewers?

I receive offers occasionally from sellers when all I did was view the item.  How do I do this to people who have viewed my items?  All I see is the ability to send offers to "watchers"

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Offers to viewers?

Only eBay itself can send you marketing messages related to items you have only viewed. These are marketing messages, they do not offer any type of discount.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Offers to viewers?

I have never heard of being able to send an offer to a viewer. How would you even know someone viewed your item. You must have added it to your watch list and maybe forgot about it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Offers to viewers?

Nope, I assure you, I never watched it.  Sometimes I'll click on things when I'm searching for comps.  But never "watch"

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Offers to viewers?

Only eBay itself can send you marketing messages related to items you have only viewed. These are marketing messages, they do not offer any type of discount.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Offers to viewers?

OK, just curious if you can explain exactly what these offers are. I have viewed probably over 20,000 items on Ebay and have never received an offer if I did not watch it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Offers to viewers?

It literally came through like an "Offer from seller".  But it looks like @slippinjimmy answered my question.  Makes sense.  Ebay facilitating the offers to try and increase their bottom line

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Offers to viewers?

Wait.... no, this can't be right cause I'm often offered a discount.  i.e. the offer is lower than the listing price.  Could this be set at the seller's minimum accepted?   And the marketing machine keys in on this?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply