cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offering free listings for one day only!

I think it's ridiculous that ebay offered 50 free listings for one day only.   I didn't even see the email in enough time to list that many.  Who can list that many in one day.  Please ebay resend that offer for a few more days.  I have so much to list and am out of free listings and my husband doesn't want me to pay for them as it is not worth my time if my items don't all sell which I have so many different types of items that there is no way they will all sell out.  PLEASE HILIGHT ONE DAY ONLY AUCTIONS IN THE FUTURE ALSO!   Disgusted!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I have 2 reactions:

If you don't bother to read the groc ads, you won't know what's on sale.  If you don't have/keep spare room in the cabinet, freezer, refrig.......you can't take advantage of the sales.

Sorry you missed the promotion, but perhaps you learned to check your promotions more frequently and to keep some items unlisted for promos.......

It's ALL up to you...........

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

It was only for one day because they want 3 things. 1. More auctions closing on next Sunday when they run their TV commericals 2. More sellers using the 10 day auction format, which will in turn charge them extra money for relisting if they do so 3. People to stop complaining about not getting free listings (at least it was 50 and not 10, smh)
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I appreciated the free listing offer, but the one day limit forced me to mainly do relists of my unsold items because I didn't have time to create 50 listings for new items.  I don't think eBay really wanted that result, but I bet a lot of sellers ended up doing that.    

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

You missed this one and the eBay list your smelly shoes, but only one pair promotion ??

Man eBay marketplace executives are pulling out all the stops now days, these guys should be running IBM !!!!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I didn't get the notice at all. So it wasn't for everyone.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@monnibonni50 wrote:

I think it's ridiculous that ebay offered 50 free listings for one day only.   I didn't even see the email in enough time to list that many.  Who can list that many in one day.

Unless you write up everything from scratch every time, it is pretty trivial to list that many in one day.  Heck, between my 5 eBay store accounts and 2 non store accounts, I do 44 per day (8 per store and 2 per for the others) in order to keep items churning through daily, which is believed to help keep my accounts more visible in searches.  Granted, those are often relists and inventory transfers between accounts; but giving your unsolds another shot on eBay's "dime" is what these promos are often used for.

Starting today and continuing through the rest of the month though, I am down to 40 per day; since the 2 non store accounts got their #s 49 and 50 yesterday.

Now to get this $30 compact digital multimeter that just sold ready to ship.  Actually, it is packaged up already, just need to log it on my spreadsheet and buy the label.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Most promo offers come out on Tue, Wed, or Thur so I always check my dashboard early in the morning on those days.   I got the one day promo, and managed to get 43 auctions listed - 38 relists and 5 new items as well as 8 new FP listings and 10 relists on my other accounts - and I was gone from noon to 9 pm.   ( I am also really slow when it comes to creating new listings. )

The one day promo is probably a test as were some of the weird promos on FVFs and the shoe one that some sellers have received lately.   I don't really expect any of those promos to generate much in the way of sales for me, but they keep more listings in the ebay 60 day retention window so I won't complain about the ones I do get.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Instead of lunacy promotions to keep unsold items in your My eBay they need to extend the time period for solds and unsolds to six months so sellers do not have to waste time recreating listings.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

monnibonni50 wrote:

I think it's ridiculous that ebay offered 50 free listings for one day only.   I didn't even see the email in enough time to list that many.  Who can list that many in one day.  Please ebay resend that offer for a few more days.  I have so much to list and am out of free listings and my husband doesn't want me to pay for them as it is not worth my time if my items don't all sell which I have so many different types of items that there is no way they will all sell out.  PLEASE HILIGHT ONE DAY ONLY AUCTIONS IN THE FUTURE ALSO!   Disgusted!!!!!!!!!

This was definitely one of those YOU SNOOZE.. YOU LOSE opportunities, wasn't it.  But as with anything in life that is 'given' the potential recipient doesn't get to set the gift parameters. 

This was of a good benefit for those who run auctions and always have a ton of them done & over and just waiting to be relisted, so many were able to take advantage of the offer and get fifty old expired auction listings up and running again.  It's not about "..who could list that many in one day.." (as some folks certainly can!).  But.. whatever.  Ebay now has a ton of new 10-day auctions running, all to be ending June 4th, and this is the major part of this promotion.

Ebay is doing some advertising these days, in case you haven't noticed.  And a big TV promo is going to be hitting on that Sunday.  What better timing than to have a bazillion auctions ending right on that day?  Coincidence?  lol  lol  lol  Now we know better than that.  This 1-day auction was to put in place all of those auctions, enticing new eyes to eBay, brought in by this new advertising campaign.  Yay!

And certainly no need for eBay to HIGHTLIGHT IT IN YELLOW.   Smiley Very Happy   The fact that you missed out because you failed to read your notifications / the announcement page, well.. I'm sorry about that, but that issue is only on your shoulders.  Even if this is only a very tiny personal "home business"... it is still up to you to check in and keep up.  How did you finally find out about this offer?  By finally checking to read your notices?  Do that on a regular basis a couple of times a day, and see if these offers fall in your lap on a bit more timely basis.  It's not a Big Deal, but it's a Little Help.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@tkinnebrew wrote:
It was only for one day because they want 3 things. 1. More auctions closing on next Sunday when they run their TV commericals 2. More sellers using the 10 day auction format, which will in turn charge them extra money for relisting if they do so 3. People to stop complaining about not getting free listings (at least it was 50 and not 10, smh)

There is no extra charge for 10 day auctions anymore. Only 1 and 3 day auctions.

maybe it's just humanity, you haven't gotten any thumbs' up yet...
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I seriously didn't know that. Will have to start doing 10 days, for sure! So, change #2 to a more POSITIVE : More sellers understanding they can use a 10 day auction format now instead of just 7 days.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@tkinnebrew wrote:

There is no extra charge for 10 day auctions anymore. Only 1 and 3 day auctions.

What is the benefit of a 10-day auction?   

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

It gives you two weekends of exposure which is allegedly a good thing.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 15 of 22
latest reply