cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer for 500 free listings . . . hmmmm

grumpus_otter
Thrill-Seeker

I think ebay must have noticed a decline in sellers listing things, as I just got an offer to list 500 things free.  Usually it is 50 or 100. Have you ever seen 500 before?  I was wondering if they've noticed how many have left because of the GTC bullshi

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@grumpus_otter wrote:

I think ebay must have noticed a decline in sellers listing things, as I just got an offer to list 500 things free.  Usually it is 50 or 100. Have you ever seen 500 before?  I was wondering if they've noticed how many have left because of the GTC bullshi

i got that offer on all accounts shortly after Ebay announced their 1st qtr earnings and again in mid May after having gotten no offers in over a year.  Ebay can brag all they want about how well they are doing with Promoted Listings and Managed Payments, but if they were doing all that great they would have stayed the course on not giving out free listings again and they also would not have suddenly made that unannounced change to the UA for Managed Payments showing that they were now going to begin charging $0.25 per listing fee sold on one invoice as that will now increase their costs for processing to as much if not more than Paypal charges in many cases.  

It also shows just how things will probably be for Sellers once they are all forced to use Managed  Payments as the CEO is showing all the signs of a company that is desperate and has run out of ideas to actually grow their business rather than just dig deeper into their Sellers pockets to try and spark Wall Street to push their stock.  Once Sellers have no choice but to process through Managed Payments I can see Ebay constantly changing the fees to help show some type of growth, especially when more and more sellers abandon their site.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

@grumpus_otter wrote:

Got it too.

Perhaps they noticed all the suddenly-ended listings by us sellers who don't intend to get blindsided by their new automatic-relist cash-grab...  sunglasses

Message 32 of 32
latest reply