cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK It's Your Turn!

I believe now that Ebay divides up the USA into sections (maybe in half) for sellers getting sales. I have 2 ebay stores. When one does not gets sales for a day or 2, the other one does not get sales either.
Then it's like my stores get turned on suddenly, and both store will get sales at the same time.
Anyone else with 2 + stores notice this?
This is my posting ID. I am in Nevada.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: OK It's Your Turn!

@ohsogifty4 wrote:

@deep-garnet-red wrote:

I have two selling IDs, no stores. All my sales are random. There is no pattern.

Do you see a pattern that both your selling ID's do not sell at the same time? then suddenly they both start selling?

No.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

I absolutely believe ebay "rotates" (whatever it's called) listings to postal zones based on fees on shipping.  

In the past year or less I've started charging shipping on heavier items, like big dollar shipping - anywhere from $10 - $25  - and by now I think every person in Montana has bought something from me.  

I use flat rate shipping so ebay is showing my items to Zones 8 and 9, hoping I'll end up paying more than that $10, which of course I do.  Thus a smidge more of that 10% goes to ebay's coffers.  

Since ebay can see the shipping on every label I print and how much ebay has earned, even items with free shipping are headin' out West (I'm in VA).  Again, ebay knowing my shipping costs will be higher.

Your results may vary; I can substantiate these claims of mine with the breakdown of my sales.  

After I send 14,862 items per week to Wyoming* then, yes, the next largest grouping of sales is either NYC or Michigan (Michigan costs more than NYC for me).

I've always thought that ebay shifted us around to maximize earnings once they started charging fees on shipping.  It would be obviously dumb on ebay's part to not do that.

People like to say sales go to the highly populated areas but I lived in the 7th (at the time) most populated area in the country - South Florida/Miami Metro - and had maybe 5 sales in one year there.  

I don't have two stores anymore so can't opine on that topic but I (respectfully) babbled on about locations of sales since someone else brought it up first.

I will yell upstairs at my shipping department and say, "Hey, Widget Y weighing 4 pounds just sold.  Guess where?"  And my shipping department's answer will nail it every time within a 3-state region waaaaaay far away from this post office.

Signed,

I Do Not Have A Tinfoil Hat 

*Less people live in Wyoming than in the District of Columbia.  *I* live 25 miles from the District and have maybe 2-3 sales/month to this 6th most populated area of the country.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

sweet*tea, where are you in Mississippi?  My family is in Tupelo.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Well, golly gee gosh, while typing up my novella ^^^ I had a sale to ... Redondo Beach, CA.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I have a website. I have had 8 sales this week. Three of them were to buyers named Laura.

I see no purpose to cycling visibility just to cycle it.

So  when next week you sell four items to Fred, the following week 3 items to Larry and then the following week you sell 4 items to Laura's  again would you see it then? 

i have been tracking this for a year and no doubt my sales come in Spurts from certain parts of the country.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@ohsogifty4 wrote:

I believe now that Ebay divides up the USA into sections (maybe in half) for sellers getting sales. I have 2 ebay stores. When one does not gets sales for a day or 2, the other one does not get sales either.
Then it's like my stores get turned on suddenly, and both store will get sales at the same time.
Anyone else with 2 + stores notice this?
This is my posting ID. I am in Nevada.

So when your stores do not get sales, do you think your items are not visible in search? Or does eBay prevents buyer from clicking the 'Buy' button?

yes I do think my items are not being shown.

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I have a website. I have had 8 sales this week. Three of them were to buyers named Laura.

I see no purpose to cycling visibility just to cycle it.

It's like how the B&M store where I work can be totally dead for an hour or so and then eight people all come in within a couple of minutes of each other.  Guess our sales there are being throttled too.  Smiley Wink

I thought about that. I use to work for a pet store. The same would happen. everyone seemed to come in at the same time, then it would slow way down. Funny because I use to do the cash register. it would be dead, no one in line, then suddenly everyone wants to check out. lol

I still have a problem with both stores being dead or both making sales same time.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply