cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells anymore

First time ever my store fees are more than my monthly sales.

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: Nothing sells anymore

I agree. Things that sold well for me in July don't even get views now. Just sad. Hoping the new CEO sees the handwriting on the wall and does SOMETHING to resurrect ebay before it slides into oblivion.

This is my posting id
Message 2 of 98
latest reply

Hopefully you are not on an annual subscription or they'll screw you with an early termination fee.
Message 3 of 98
latest reply

Hoping the new CEO sees the handwriting on the wall and does SOMETHING to resurrect ebay before it slides into oblivion.

The new CEO was president of ebay marketing. Thanks to him we now have "fake vintage" items from China. He stated in an article how fast China manufacturer's could produce the most "sought after" items on ebay that were "fed" to them by the venuemarketplace. 

Think the AB article with the phony Pan Am luggage bag that also mentions the fake wool hats. 

Don't expect any improvements.

Message 4 of 98
latest reply

Aandmb,  I cancelled my store and the views and sales get even worse.  They have a way of completely cutting you off from being seen.  This place is DESPICABLE.   Lies and cheats.  The only thing worse is probably our government administration.  

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Hoping the new CEO sees the handwriting on the wall and does SOMETHING to resurrect ebay before it slides into oblivion.

The new CEO was president of ebay marketing. Thanks to him we now have "fake vintage" items from China. He stated in an article how fast China manufacturer's could produce the most "sought after" items on ebay that were "fed" to them by the venuemarketplace. 

Think the AB article with the phony Pan Am luggage bag that also mentions the fake wool hats. 

Don't expect any improvements.

I know. Intelectually, I KNOW. It's just very sad that ebay has come to this. Trust me, I don't really expect Wenig to make a difference. More like wishful thinking. That's why I'm starting to branch out onto other venues. Someone needs to get the paddles charged for this one. Smiley Tongue

This is my posting id
Message 6 of 98
latest reply

@45s-lps wrote:

Aandmb,  I cancelled my store and the views and sales get even worse.  They have a way of completely cutting you off from being seen.  This place is DESPICABLE.   Lies and cheats.  The only thing worse is probably our government administration.  

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN

#1 lie. "our government".

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

@aandnb wrote:

i 'm a top rated seller with approx 500 items listed over 2 IDs, and 1.02% defect rate.  BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO BE SELLING FOR WEEKS NOW

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town. Run by idiots and smashed right to the ground!

I wil be cancleing my store subscription unless i can see a turnaround this month. It no longer make sense to spend any time around here.

If you've checked your item visibility and your items happen to actually appear, it could be that buyers have exercised their shopper's prerogrative....

I hope you don't have to pay "early termination fees" on your store subscription, as another poster said.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 8 of 98
latest reply

LOL, funny you should say that not a minute ago I left a coment that I felt like I was in the movie Flatliners.........

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

I fell your pain! This weekend was nothing! Not one sale! almost 3K items listed on ebay, selling internationally and nothing again!! I am so frustrated with this place.  Fees Fees Fees and for what? Gooseeggs!!

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

@allourstuffiscool wrote:

LOL, funny you should say that not a minute ago I left a coment that I felt like I was in the movie Flatliners.........

CLEAR!

Darn! It didn't work.

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

The only hope Ebay has ,Is that it gets bought out by a company that knows how to properly run a business.....Ive heard Alibaba is interested

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

@tom-kat wrote:

The only hope Ebay has ,Is that it gets bought out by a company that knows how to properly run a business.....Ive heard Alibaba is interested

How is Alibaba taking over hope? That makes no sense. Alibaba is even worse then eBay when it comes to flooding the markets with cheap new junk and counterfeits manufactured in regions of Asia.

Message 13 of 98
latest reply

the last item I sold was because the buyer find it on google! I know this because the list who show me was end over 2 months ago! and aslo he confirmed it! he gave me positive then I send him a message to thank him for the good feedback and then he opened case on paypal as not as descripted! he said he find a crank (on a new fork). After many messages and bad pictures which he send me, actualy I didnt see any crank on the fork, his pictures was all out of focus and the supposed cranked look just as a fat line. He had chose black color fork. I suggest to him final to send me 50$ and I'll send to him an other (with this I can not cover the total cost, I use some money of the previous fork profit to cover the miss cost), also I said to him I'll add a gift for him. ALso I said he have to close the case. He send me 50$ (now he ask dark blue color) and he let opened the case. I said to him you have to close the case otherwise I'll refund you the 50$ and we'll see what will happen to the case. I wait. My account, power seller and top rated seller the most time, have a limit 23 items or 1050$ which ever come first! I have 702 feedback, I'm not new seller and I sell with the same way for years. The first years I was selling about 20% of my lists, now I seller less than 1%. So with 23 lists I seller 0.something! per month. My top, was to receive 2400$ per two months. The fees I pay for them is near 20%. Fees for shipping cost 2 times, fees for item cost 2 times. My previous ids stopped to sell at 800 feedback and 550 all top rated seller and power seller, just stopped to sell, no reason, no negative/s. Everytime I sign in ebay I have a message front to my face how.... to sell to win money. HOW? When I start sell on ebay, 20% of my lists, ok good, I paid thousands of $ to buy new parts/items to have to sell. I lists many parts for over 2 years which I sold none in price around 30$ while other sell the same items for 120$ and some over 400$. I have seen very bad pictures and texts from other sellers with many bidder sold in ridicusly high price while I try sell mine [same new (nos) item , not similar or used as thems] in ridicusly low and can not sell! I stuck with lot of parts, because of ebay. They say in forums, none is like ebay, none have so traffic. EBAY DOES NOT HAVE TRAFFIC FOR ALL SELLERS.

Message 14 of 98
latest reply

@aandnb wrote:

This place has turned into a freaking ghost town.

Things will turn around for you this month.  eBay doesn't want to lose good sellers.  Over the holidays (October through December) eBay was pushing electronics to the hilt!  I did several searches that got me cell phones & accessories, gaming devices, computers, etc.  How can you search for "owl painting" and get cell phones as a result?  Obvious eBay was manipulating searches and trying to show only the things they knew would sell for the holidays.  I think you can look forward to a good January.

Message 15 of 98
latest reply