cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing ever changes here

I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I would check back in. I see nothing is selling and Ebay is still just a Chinese junk shop. It's pathetic what they did to this website.

A lot of water under the bridge. A lot of other stuff too.
Don't get up gentlemen, I'm only passing through. B. Dylan
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Nothing ever changes here

Most of the high $$ solds are also bought through live auctions which as we know do not carry quite the same risks of 'losing it all to a scammer' as we lowly sellers deal with.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Most of the high $$ solds are also bought through live auctions which as we know do not carry quite the same risks of 'losing it all to a scammer' as we lowly sellers deal with.

Just getting ready to ask...those are live auction high prices.  Were all of the buyers submitting bids via ebay or is ebay showing the sold price because they were listed here?  Did ebay get a fvf? kwim ?  To most, it would look like an ebay sale.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Many live auction sales, but also many more that aren't.  And as you go down through the pages, you continue to see very expensive items that aren't live auction listings.

There are just buyer and seller members at all levels of $$$$$ who come here to transact business dealings.

I definitely believe sellers are likely to run into more problems when they deal in the areas of lower-priced merchandise and in categories that are broadly understood to be high *scam-prone* categories. 

I just think that some get a very jaded view because that's all they see, because that's where they live, so to speak.  Like, if we live on the streets and sleep in the back alleys and scrounge food from dumpsters behind restaurants, we likely view life in general as pretty bleak and dangerous and frustrating.  But if we live among the Golden People who drive the fancy cars down those streets and never see a back alley, and are the ones drinking the champagne and enjoying the fine dining in those restaurants, life doesn't look that dark and foul at all.

I just see that eBay exists on many different levels, and think it looks completely different as you ascend the $$$$$ levels.  So where some see ".....nothing is selling and Ebay is still just a Chinese junk shop. It's pathetic....." others see the site of their successful business and their ability to expand the size of their customer base without having to grow beyond the walls of their own home store base. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@lookingsnazzy wrote:

I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I would check back in. I see nothing is selling and Ebay is still just a Chinese junk shop. It's pathetic what they did to this website.

Stuff changes here all the time, but always for the worse, never the better.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@lookingsnazzy wrote:

How long is a while? Items are selling the same as they have been for the past 3 years or so.  Regarding Chinese items, if you don't want to view them, under item location click 'US Only'. 

And who is 'they', and what do you feel they did to the website in particular?

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Now, if you read what I wrote carefully, you might see that I didn't say that good things couldn't be found on ebay anymore, nor that people with money couldn't find something on ebay to buy.

Perhaps I should have spelled it out - that the majority of the millions of things sold on ebay are items in the race to the bottom OR are at the bottom - and some of them are even good, and, occasionally, bought by somebody that might have money.

As for your interior decorator in NY, I know a few in LA/Brentwood area and they will buy on ebay, too.  Why pay LOTS and make little profit from your client when you can get IT on ebay, real cheap, maybe even from China, and THEN charge your client and 'make money'?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 21 of 21
latest reply