cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonpayment strikes.

Recently had a "Buyer" Win an auction after outbidding everyone. Had 400+ feedbacks so I didn't think about checking the feedbacks yet. After 48 hours I messaged him asking for payment and I got an excuse he'd Pay tomorrow and this went on for a few days before I checked his feedbacks. After the few days I checked this Bidders feedbacks and he has over 40 Feedbacks for nonpayment in the last 6 months alone.... 

I reached out to Ebay on this one to see why they'd be letting someone with so many nonpayment cases opened on him and they informed me Theres a list of nonpayment cases opened against this buyer The Ebay Agent I spoke with stoped counted after she reached over 30 nonpayment strikes on his account but had no reason as to why hes still able to continue this. 

Do these Non-payment cases even do anything anymore? I already have people with nonpayment strikes eliminated from being able to purchase so Im not sure how he was able to bid either. Anyone else dealing with anything like this?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Nonpayment strikes.

@cherry_bomb_collectibles 

Did you know the buyer could report all those feedback and have them removed and hit the sellers with a feedback violation?

I can't believe CS would tell you have many unpaid item strikes the buyer has?

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

You can avoid having this kind of bidder bid on your items.  It's something that you might not realize you can do because you do not make the requirement from the auction listing page.

1. Go to your account settings at the top left hand corner. Open the tab

2.  Open the 'selling preferences 'tab   Bottom tab under the "selling' heading

3. Go to "your buyers"  and hit the "blocked buyers list" tab.  Choose "edit"

4.  Look for the buyer requirements.  You can universally block buyers who have more then two strike against them for non-payment.  There's many other options on this page as well that might help with non-payment.

Good luck to you.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I already commented on the last thread you replied to ... but you are violating eBay policy by leaving false-positive feedbacks on buyer's profiles.  I stopped counting after seeing the first ELEVEN violations.

Please stop it!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

You've committed more violations than your buyer.

You can't name and shame. 

And the feedback you left the buyer and your followup to that feedback are both a huge no-no. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Nine of your last twenty five feedback entries (from you to buyer) call out non-paying buyers.  Is it really that bad?  I’d be frustrated, absolutely!  Should you look for a different strategy, because whatever you are doing

is not working.  

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

The "different strategy" does not need to be looked for.  When a buyer has not paid within 4 days, the seller can cancel, citing non-paying bidder.  Result:  Seller gets fees refunded.  Buyer gets a strike.  Two strikes in twelve months mean that most smart sellers have set their requirements not to deal with that person.

Or the seller can set his requirements so that eBay does this for him automatically.

When a nonpaying case is opened, both parties are blocked from leaving feedback.  So when you see that a seller has left positive FB for a buyer with negative remarks, that means that that seller has NOT used the tools eBay offers him to take care of the situation.  

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

You post buyers names in the negative feedback left as positive!!

Forget their issues, you are lucky you do not have ones of your own!

We know it is really frustrating, but do not do that anymore!

Bad idea!

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

I already commented on the last thread you replied to ... but you are violating eBay policy by leaving false-positive feedbacks on buyer's profiles.  I stopped counting after seeing the first ELEVEN violations.

Please stop it!

Why do sellers do this ?  @cherry_bomb_collectibles  all you are doiing is adding to the positive FB count, and even if the buyer reports the seller and the comment get's removed, the green dot stays.

Start helping other sellers by following the correct procedure and stop these idiot buyer's from buying from me and other sellers....

If a buyer hasn’t paid within 4 days, on the 5th day you can go to your Seller Hub to cancel the transaction using the “Buyer hasn't paid” reason and this gives the buyer a strike and you can relist. In future to have eBay automatically cancel your transactions due to non-payment:

Go here:   https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase            

If you don't do that, then no sympathy here.........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@cherry_bomb_collectibles wrote:

Do these Non-payment cases even do anything anymore? I already have people with nonpayment strikes eliminated from being able to purchase so I'm not sure how he was able to bid either. Anyone else dealing with anything like this?

Your Unpaid Purchases page for automatically closing Unpaid items and giving deadbeats an Unpaid slap is here: https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase

(There is also an exception list maintained on that page if you want to exclude buyers whom you're allowing to pay late.)

Your Blocked Buyer List is here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

Your Buyer Management page for screening buyers with Unpaid slaps in their history is here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

You can view the results of your screening for Unpaid buyers on your Buyer Requirements Activity Log here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/blockedbuyeractivities

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

already open the nonpayment cases too.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@cherry_bomb_collectibles wrote:

they informed me Theres a list of nonpayment cases opened against this buyer The Ebay Agent I spoke with stoped counted after she reached over 30 nonpayment strikes on his account but had no reason as to why hes still able to continue this. 

Are you saying that when you called eBay about another eBay user, the eBay agent you spoke to gave you information about that other user's buying activity with other sellers? 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

The "different strategy" does not need to be looked for.  When a buyer has not paid within 4 days, the seller can cancel, citing non-paying bidder.  Result:  Seller gets fees refunded.  Buyer gets a strike.  Two strikes in twelve months mean that most smart sellers have set their requirements not to deal with that person.

Or the seller can set his requirements so that eBay does this for him automatically.

When a nonpaying case is opened, both parties are blocked from leaving feedback.  So when you see that a seller has left positive FB for a buyer with negative remarks, that means that that seller has NOT used the tools eBay offers him to take care of the situation.  

@soh.maryl. 🙂

The OP thinks they have outsmarted eBay by leaving buyers the prohibited  feedback … right before canceling.

The OP appears to be fed up with non-payers … and has gone rogue.  They seem to believe they can do whatever they want AND encourage other sellers to do the same.

The OP understands policy … just does not feel the need to follow it.  The OP is a risk IMHO.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

No you did not open cases against the buyer - you left FB

You are breaking the rules leaving those remarks and you need to be careful you don't get punished for it.

And yes - buyers are blocked from bidding or buying if they get strikes - I have mine set to 2 in 12 months which is the harshest.

If you are getting these buyers then you have your setting wrong, most likely you tried to tick the box for Less than 5 Feedbacks - which actually just nullifies the rules you had set above that box.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

You better hope eBay does not take a lot at the feedback you have left others. You may get banned. Not only do you leave false positives, you are using the buyers real name. 

If a buyer does not pay, just move on. Nothing to get mad about. I don't even ask them to pay. I just wait for eBay to close the case and relist the item. 

Message 15 of 27
latest reply