cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non paying black mark

Hummm. Had a non paying bidder with absolutely no communication.  Went through the usual process and eventually was able to relist after not selling. I have blocked the bidder but curious. No bid retraction black mark under bidder when I checked 2 weeks later. Would there be a reason why eBay did not give bid retraction notice? This was a zero feedback buyer when bid was placed and new account on the bid date. Between start to end of auction ended up with 8 feedback for buying. Why open account to bid on my auction than not pay...needs that black mark!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Non paying black mark

That "average person" can add the item to their watch list while they are still thinking about whether or not to buy.  That way, it's still available to the buyer who HAS made up his mind.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@dfwdamon wrote:

The Non-Paying Bidder strikes are FOUL PLAY!

I get it ebay and sellers want to reduce non paying bidders, but the average person does change their mind.  ASSUMING a buyer wont pay in the future just because they didn't pay once or twice, or the Seller didn't allow a cancellation is a false assumption against Buyers.   Blocking auction bids due to a non-pay strike is a huge DIS-SERVICE to both buyer and seller. Now sellers get a smaller pool of bidders.  Bidders get less buying options in the market.  THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER SOLUTION.  

Go to any live or online auction and you will NOT see 'the average person changing their mind' AFTER they've won the bid. You bid and win it, you own it - even if someone steals it out of the back of your truck while parked. If they pulled that stunt, they would be banned instantly. 

Here they give you a bit more leeway - 2 or more in a year and you would be blocked by most auction sellers.

I am so confused. WHERE is the eBay link to click on so that the deadbeat buyer earns a black mark? All I could find was "Cancel and Relist."  This is shameful. The "black mark" system is woefully inadequate anyway ----- but at least it's something, right?

The bidder NEVER communicated with me EVER and after Day 2 of no payment, I realized I was almost certainly dealing with a good-for-nothing PIA. Isn't it such fun checking and rechecking your email, for days and days,  hoping to see "PAID, NOW SHIP" ? 

I blocked the buyer, but what I really feel like doing is throttling that cowardly so and so.  If you're a buyer and you change your mind, at least have the courtesy and consideration to let the seller know.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@emuwren1 

after 4 full days you should be presented with the option to cancel the sale.

One of the reasons available for cancelling at that time is is "buyer did not pay".

Selecting that option gives the non-payer a strike.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

The only option that came up for me was "Cancel and Relist."  And I looked and looked.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

"Cancel and relist" is exactly what you do with a non-paying bidder.

Be sure to use "buyer didn't pay" as your reason for cancellation.

The buyer gets a "strike" but no one can see the strike although, rest assured, it is there.  

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply