cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Profit selling account

I am trying to set up a selling page for a non profit I am responsible for.  According to the lead in page on setting it up, I needed my 501c3 letter, which I have, etc, but then when I got to the add information page, it said to choose non profit, well, there wasn't an option to choose non profit organization.   It says we can start selling, but it didn't let me add a photo of our logo, etc.  either, so not sure what kind of selling account we now have.........

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

@spaycc wrote:

I am trying to set up a selling page for a non profit I am responsible for.  According to the lead in page on setting it up, I needed my 501c3 letter, which I have, etc, but then when I got to the add information page, it said to choose non profit, well, there wasn't an option to choose non profit organization.   It says we can start selling, but it didn't let me add a photo of our logo, etc.  either, so not sure what kind of selling account we now have.........

Buying and selling on eBay to benefit nonprofit organizations

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/donating-ebay-charity/buying-selling-ebay-benefit-nonprofit-organi... 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

That is where I started this mess from.  It did NOT give me an option to choose "non profit organization", the option was NOT on the list to choose from.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

My concern is we won't get the non profit selling fee rate, if we are going to get the regular selling fee rate we will not be doing this.    It didn't have the non profit option to choose from in the set up area information.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc 

Are you trying to open a selling account with a 501 form made out to the charity?

Are you the ‘owner’ of the charity?

Are you wanting to open a seller account in your name and donate 100% to the charity?

Who's using their bank account for the eBay selling account?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

There is no owner of a charity, we have a board of directors and I am one of the officers and do have the authority to do any business pertaining to the group.

The non profit has it's own bank account.

We have a large amount of pet related goods, new with tags, that have been donated for us to sell to raise funds for our organization.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

The lead in page said we needed a copy of our 501c3, plus some more organizational paperwork, and I was under the impression we would be uploading that in the application.

But when I started entering our information,  where it said to choose what type of business it is, on the menu on the right of the page said choose non profit organization, the problem is, in the actual section to choose from "non profit" organization wasn't listed as a choice.    So I tried just closing it out, but then got an email that our account was really to start selling from.  

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc wrote:

My concern is we won't get the non profit selling fee rate, if we are going to get the regular selling fee rate we will not be doing this.    It didn't have the non profit option to choose from in the set up area information.

Try try this page. You can also see what the fees are under the

frequently asked questions section.

Charity Sellers

https://www.ebayforcharity.org/get-involved/direct-selling/ 

40.jpg41.jpg42.jpg

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Yes I am aware of all of this, the thing is since the account didn't set up for a non profit account it probably isn't one.      And I have no idea how to fix this, if it can even be fixed.    It appears to be a regular business selling account.   

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc wrote:

The lead in page said we needed a copy of our 501c3, plus some more organizational paperwork, and I was under the impression we would be uploading that in the application.

But when I started entering our information,  where it said to choose what type of business it is, on the menu on the right of the page said choose non profit organization, the problem is, in the actual section to choose from "non profit" organization wasn't listed as a choice.    So I tried just closing it out, but then got an email that our account was really to start selling from.  

What were some of the choices? Was there something in that menu that could also be used to describe it?
I'm wondering if there is an option further into the process to make the nonprofit designation.

I'm going to try to find someone with more experience for your situation. 
Just to let you know, they may need details if you want to figure this out. 

It might be better not to try anything else for a while. If you can wait. It might take a while, it depends if anyone is available.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 10 of 40
latest reply

No, I was reading the instructions on the right hand side, it said if you were a non profit to choose the non profit option, but the thing is "non profit organization" wasn't even in the options to choose from on the actual form.     As for time,  that is fine,  I have time and can give more information if needed. 

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Thank You!

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

@spaycc wrote:

Yes I am aware of all of this, the thing is since the account didn't set up for a non profit account it probably isn't one.      And I have no idea how to fix this, if it can even be fixed.    It appears to be a regular business selling account.   

To the best of my knowledge there is no special account for charity.

1. You open a regular business account followings eBay's directions.

2. You submit the required information to eBay to sell for charity.

3. You (wait) for eBay to verify the information and approve you to sell for charity.

4. eBay will usually notify you in about 3 to 5 days.

After you created your business account were you able

to summit your information to eBay?

50.jpg

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

No, I was no able to submit our paperwork to them.   There was nowhere to submit or upload it to in the application. 

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

We are an approved Non profit to receive donations from them, have been for a while, and I don't know if that makes a difference or not, that was done in partnership with paypal and paypal giving, and may have nothing to do with this.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply