cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Payment .. But Can't Leave Buyer Negative Feedback

A "buyer" agreed to purchase one of my items, (won by bidding), but then fell off the face of the earth -- NO replies to messages I sent, I received NO payment, NO reply was ever given in response to a CASE that I opened against them... The only feedback button available to me was for positive -- which I would NOT leave for a deadbeat "buyer".
But NOW (after waiting, being ignored), I close the case -- and eBay's system won't allow me to leave any feedback on the item at all.
This person earned & deserves NEGATIVE, but I could not leave it.... WHY??!
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Non-Payment .. But Can't Leave Buyer Negative Feedback

Since 2008 seller are only allowed to leave positive feedback for buyers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Since 2008 seller are only allowed to leave positive feedback for buyers.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

"This person earned & deserves NEGATIVE, but I could not leave it.... WHY??!"

Given that you have been a registered member since 2006' two years BEFORE eBay's first, most infamous and highly visible 'disruption' (one way FB) and ALL the ensuing chaos that has derived from it, if this is a serious question, it unfortunately tends to reinforce eBay's contention that sellers here are basically clueless and have to be micromanaged.

And you're not really, are you?
-------- All truths are easy to understand once discovered. The point is to discover them. - - Galileo
-------- Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - - Mark Twain
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

most infamous and highly visible 'disruption' (one way FB) and ALL the ensuing chaos that has derived from it

I call bull on that. The inability to leave negs caused chaos? Yes, but only for those sellers who managed their business by threatening and negging good buyers. Any bad buyers knew they could just get a new id. The good ones who valued their feedback were the buyers who lost out.

The rest of the sellers mostly felt the bite of the draconian DSRs and defect policies. Sellers with 100% feedback being kicked off the site.

So many other things changed at the same time as the no negs for buyers thing. I absolutely do not agree that it was that policy itself that caused all the problems. If anything, the no negs protects stupid and/or angry sellers from themselves.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

belleoftheprom -- Thank you for your succinct response. I was not aware of this policy.

snappyauctions14 -- I do not feel as though, as a seller, I require micromanaging.

the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth -- Nope. I'm not one who needs to be protected from myself.

Bottom line on this, in all seriousness, is that as a buyer, I've never had to concern myself with receiving negative FB, since I pay right away, and communicate (when helpful/needed) with the sellers that I purchase from.
As a seller, I've never had a buyer flake on me, the way that the "buyer" did, on the transaction I referenced. (I guess I should consider myself fortunate.)

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Thank you for your succinct response.  I was not aware of this policy.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

not agreed.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@bugzbunny closure of the UPI precludes either party from leaving feedback. The buyer would be unable to pop-up on you and say "never sent the item" or whatever else might come to their mind.

Additionally, it is a policy violation to post negative comments within a positive, for buyers. Not say that you would, just apprising you of more information concerning feedback for buyers (or non-buyers, as the case may be).

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

You can leave a follow up to your buyers feedback...
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@bugzybunns wrote:
A "buyer" agreed to purchase one of my items, (won by bidding), but then fell off the face of the earth -- NO replies to messages I sent, I received NO payment, NO reply was ever given in response to a CASE that I opened against them... The only feedback button available to me was for positive -- which I would NOT leave for a deadbeat "buyer".
But NOW (after waiting, being ignored), I close the case -- and eBay's system won't allow me to leave any feedback on the item at all.
This person earned & deserves NEGATIVE, but I could not leave it.... WHY??!

***EXCESSIVE UNPAID ITEMS ON A BUYER’S ACCOUNT***
***EBAY POLICY FOR NON-PAYMENT BUYERS....***!!!!
1. Buying behaviors we don't allow... Not paying for items.
2. If you don't pay for it, even if you've changed your mind, you violate the unpaid item policy.
3. We consider bidding on or buying an item when you have no intention of completing the transaction, or circumventing a seller's buyer requirements, to be "unwelcome and malicious buying".
4. Excessive unpaid items on a buyer's account may result in a range of consequences, including limits on or loss of buying privileges.
5. We make decisions based on the evidence in the individual situation, as well as by evaluating patterns of behavior that create a negative value in the marketplace.
6. When a buyer doesn't pay for an item they've won or purchased, it costs the seller time and money and holds up inventory. The unpaid item policy helps create a safer and more successful buying and selling experience.
7. We want all eBay members to be able to buy and sell on eBay with confidence. We want our sellers to bring great service and value to our marketplace, and we strive to protect sellers from unfair and unsafe buyer activity.

Sounds nice....BUT WHERE is our "SELLER PROTECTION"....you are giving More Protection to the BUYER....!!!! Just like a thief in our so-called LEGAL SYSTEM.....he has More Rights than the Victims...!!!!
This BUYER has at least 2 NON-PAYMENTS in his FEEDBACK (I am sure he has more that were not reported) and now mine...makes THREE ...REMEMBER 3 STRIKES and you are OUT...!!! He has VIOLATED ALL the ABOVE EBAY 7 NOTED POLICY ABUSES....WHERE is the "COMMITMENT"...???....Meaning your EBAY Policy has NO TEETH and a Slap on the wrist effect....EBAY needs to have at least ANOTHER COLUMN in your FEEDBACK history specifically for NON-PAYMENTS...!!! There is basically NO INDICATION that this Buyer is a NON-PAYING ABUSER on EBAY POLICY....Meaning that in order for me as a Seller to give notice to others in your Ebay Feedback that I need to give him a "POSITIVE" rating and thereafter put my comment of Non-Payment....!!! So this buyer maintains a 100% Feedback rating....!!! This really really makes NO sense....I was taught in school that a Positive & Negative results with "0" ....Guess what...I will NOT give him the privilege to such a Buyer a POSITIVE rating so I can state he has NOT PAID me....as I am sure there must be several others Sellers having same outlook...!!! You EBAY need to have at least ANOTHER COLUMN in your FEEDBACK history for NON-PAYMENTS....so us Ebayers KNOW that he is a Problem ...and NOT giving him a POSITIVE in order to report such.....!!!
WHY...it is because most people will Only Note his 100% RATING.... and NOT FULLY check his Feedback history and read point-by-point if he has Not Paid....and in most cases this type of comment is "HIDDEN" with so many other Feedback comments....!!!

Here is the CRUX >>>>>>****So EBAY then follow and IMPLEMENT your Policy accordingly....!!! Give us back the CONFIDENCE that EBAY will PROTECT us SELLERS....!!!!****

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@snappyauctions14 wrote:
"This person earned & deserves NEGATIVE, but I could not leave it.... WHY??!"

Given that you have been a registered member since 2006' two years BEFORE eBay's first, most infamous and highly visible 'disruption' (one way FB) and ALL the ensuing chaos that has derived from it, if this is a serious question, it unfortunately tends to reinforce eBay's contention that sellers here are basically clueless and have to be micromanaged.

And you're not really, are you?

2. If you don't pay for it, even if you've changed your mind, you violate the unpaid item policy.
3. We consider bidding on or buying an item when you have no intention of completing the transaction, or circumventing a seller's buyer requirements, to be "unwelcome and malicious buying".
4. Excessive unpaid items on a buyer's account may result in a range of consequences, including limits on or loss of buying privileges.
5. We make decisions based on the evidence in the individual situation, as well as by evaluating patterns of behavior that create a negative value in the marketplace.
6. When a buyer doesn't pay for an item they've won or purchased, it costs the seller time and money and holds up inventory. The unpaid item policy helps create a safer and more successful buying and selling experience.
7. We want all eBay members to be able to buy and sell on eBay with confidence. We want our sellers to bring great service and value to our marketplace, and we strive to protect sellers from unfair and unsafe buyer activity.

Sounds nice....BUT WHERE is our "SELLER PROTECTION"....you are giving More Protection to the BUYER....!!!! Just like a thief in our so-called LEGAL SYSTEM.....he has More Rights than the Victims...!!!!
This BUYER has at least 2 NON-PAYMENTS in his FEEDBACK (I am sure he has more that were not reported) and now mine...makes THREE ...REMEMBER 3 STRIKES and you are OUT...!!! He has VIOLATED ALL the ABOVE EBAY 7 NOTED POLICY ABUSES....WHERE is the "COMMITMENT"...???....Meaning your EBAY Policy has NO TEETH and a Slap on the wrist effect....EBAY needs to have at least ANOTHER COLUMN in your FEEDBACK history specifically for NON-PAYMENTS...!!! There is basically NO INDICATION that this Buyer is a NON-PAYING ABUSER on EBAY POLICY....Meaning that in order for me as a Seller to give notice to others in your Ebay Feedback that I need to give him a "POSITIVE" rating and thereafter put my comment of Non-Payment....!!! So this buyer maintains a 100% Feedback rating....!!! This really really makes NO sense....I was taught in school that a Positive & Negative results with "0" ....Guess what...I will NOT give him the privilege to such a Buyer a POSITIVE rating so I can state he has NOT PAID me....as I am sure there must be several others Sellers having same outlook...!!! You EBAY need to have at least ANOTHER COLUMN in your FEEDBACK history for NON-PAYMENTS....so us Ebayers KNOW that he is a Problem ...and NOT giving him a POSITIVE in order to report such.....!!!
WHY...it is because most people will Only Note his 100% RATING.... and NOT FULLY check his Feedback history and read point-by-point if he has Not Paid....and in most cases this type of comment is "HIDDEN" with so many other Feedback comments....!!!

Here is the CRUX >>>>>>****So EBAY then follow and IMPLEMENT your Policy accordingly....!!! Give us back the CONFIDENCE that EBAY will PROTECT us SELLERS....!!!!****

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@bugzybunns wrote:
belleoftheprom -- Thank you for your succinct response. I was not aware of this policy.

snappyauctions14 -- I do not feel as though, as a seller, I require micromanaging.

the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth -- Nope. I'm not one who needs to be protected from myself.

Bottom line on this, in all seriousness, is that as a buyer, I've never had to concern myself with receiving negative FB, since I pay right away, and communicate (when helpful/needed) with the sellers that I purchase from.
As a seller, I've never had a buyer flake on me, the way that the "buyer" did, on the transaction I referenced. (I guess I should consider myself fortunate.)

Sidenote: Snarky answers!
Think what you will; I'm not so clueless that I didn't comprehend all the passive-aggressive, condescending remarks.
Thanks, for that. <~~ btw, that's sarcasm.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
@bugzbunny closure of the UPI precludes either party from leaving feedback. The buyer would be unable to pop-up on you and say "never sent the item" or whatever else might come to their mind.

Additionally, it is a policy violation to post negative comments within a positive, for buyers. Not say that you would, just apprising you of more information concerning feedback for buyers (or non-buyers, as the case may be).

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Stop spamming the board with the same responses.
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

This is to bad... I have had two winning bidders in the last 10 days and now won't pay. I sent notices to them before filing an uppaid items claim.  I usually give them more time to pay than I have to, becaues there be some personal issues going on at their end, but one winning bidder, actually replied with a message of "can't do it, sorry" Now I can't leave them a negative feedback so other sellers can block this buyer. This is the second time that this buyer has bid and won only to not pay.  I checked their feedback and see another case of nonpayment. Of course the seller had to click on the positive button, because the negative one was not available while your making a nonpayment claim. After you finally give up, and realize that the claim will have no effect on the dead beat buyer, you close the claim, and move on. Then you can't leave any feedback at all. No way was I going to leave negative feedback for this buyer under the green light of a positive sign. I want other sellers to see the big red light. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply