cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No timeline apparently for buyers to open a claim , more work for sellers. Feelings on this ?

I sold an item June 29th, it was delivered on July 3rd. I have the tracking. Buyer just opened item not received case yesterday, November 9th. That's close to 4 and 1/2 months later !!!! Wow... are you kidding me? Tracking in order details 90 days I think and then long gone. Anyways I guess I'm thinking now of taking and filing screenshots of tracking histories for my sales to protect myself 4, 5, and 6 months after the fact. I'm not real happy about that the last thing I need is more work. I can't speak for all, but I am hoping to be too busy packing orders and making the next sale to be spending hours of time covering my butt.  Why is this site so intent on making life so hard for it's sellers? Anyways I am just interested in some of your opinions. Happy Selling !

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: No timeline apparently for buyers to open a claim , more work for sellers. Feelings on this ?

If it was Pay Pal, they have 180 days to file a claim.

That's 180 days from Payment. So there is still another month to go.
 As others have said, eBay's dispute period is based on Delivery.

eBay doesn't show the tracking and delivery anymore.
This is why I keep paper records of all my sales. Print out the invoice and staple the tracking information to it.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: No timeline apparently for buyers to open a claim , more work for sellers. Feelings on this ?

@i_luv_kittycats 

No, eBay can still take money from your bank account. It's my understanding that is why they demanded a chequing account and not a savings account.

While they are getting their fees before the payment is transferred to your bank, if there is a shortfall on a refund or perhaps a one-off fee, eBay can retrieve it.

I had a refund (the buyer was in the right) not long ago on a Wednesday when there was nothing in my MP account. It was instead charged to my bank account.

And of course, an hour or so later, I got a sale for much more than the refund, because Mr. Murphy is the son of an unwed mother.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

That's insane that they are even allowing that. I would call customer service (not chat or email) and talk to them about it. Something is off and I really hope this isn't a new policy for ebay. That's certainly not protecting sellers.

I keep a copy of every sale that I do and write the date of sale, shipping date and tracking on every one of them. It's a bit tedious but it has saved my butt numerous times, especially when it came to opening cases with the p.o. last holiday season, and a few return problems.

Good luck to you and happy selling!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi, No this is a standard INR case, not a message or request from buyer.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply