cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales...where did all the buyers go??

Hi everyone, I love ebay, been selling for 11 years. It has been scary slow lately! I was doing pretty good, but all of a sudden, no sales since April 25! This never  happened  before. I even called CS, nothing against my account. I continue to list, pray, and hope for the best! Anyone else slow down? 

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: No sales...where did all the buyers go??

Sell on 2 accounts.  March was slow-er.  April was fine.  5 days into May, so far so good. 

Message 2 of 95
latest reply

ITS BEEN DEAD !
SALES HAVE DIED !

Message 3 of 95
latest reply

Same here. I think the sellers from China are taking over. 

When will eBay start to care more about their sellers then their stock price?

Message 4 of 95
latest reply

I saw lots of sellers from China here who offer best price for whole things. Then you can know why.

Message 5 of 95
latest reply

@serenitycafe wrote:

Hi everyone, I love ebay, been selling for 11 years. It has been scary slow lately! I was doing pretty good, but all of a sudden, no sales since April 25! This never  happened  before. I even called CS, nothing against my account. I continue to list, pray, and hope for the best! Anyone else slow down? 

Well, I went through a (long) dry period despite the fact that I've always had pretty even sales, but they've now started ticking up again. 

Just keep going.  Look at how you're presenting your items (how are your photos - they need to be pretty good.  How is your title SEO? etc. etc.) ,  always remain active on the site.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 95
latest reply

Thank you so much! I'll keep going. This is sad. I love ebay!

Message 7 of 95
latest reply

It is really scary! I am at wits end! Not even watchers! It happened all of a sudden!

Message 8 of 95
latest reply

...blame Amazon...lol...

Message 9 of 95
latest reply

Don't forget there are lots of people that are saving what they have left for essential needed items  that are going up at a crazy rate and blowing off the fluff or wanted items that are not really necessary. . 

Message 10 of 95
latest reply

Yes, my sales are down about 30% in the last few weeks.  I'm running a sale and have sent offers and sales are dead lately.

Message 11 of 95
latest reply

I track my sales daily and keep a notebook with sales for the last 10 years on it and I am extremely low at the moment for sales and this pays my medical bills for my son. I will not be able to pay for the meds this month again and have to put on my credit card. It is rock bottom for me I had to step down my store for ebay as well I just didn't have the 300 a month for the anchor store any more. It has NEVER been this bad and I feel it is going to get worse. I blame the government for this one they have opened the flood gates again with China and it is killing the American people again. They want to raise taxes on us again for selling on line trying to push us all out of business. It is a shame I feel pretty soon there will be no ebay or any other on line selling page with the way they are going heading to communism and full control. I am praying for something to turn around I don't want a recession. 

Message 12 of 95
latest reply

I just went in and looked I am actually down 66.3% from last year when we a better government. 

Message 13 of 95
latest reply

Yes.  Last few weeks have been bad.  Lots of views but virtually no sales.  

Message 14 of 95
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am no expert but I think it has to do with the search engine. It works off AI technology and whatever folks are buying the most, that's what it'll focus on. Like say everybody wants screws and you do an auction for it, the search engine will focus more on that but if you got anything and it ain't focusing on them, then it will either linger or get maybe one or two bids (so it ain't a good idea to do a 99 cent starting bid at the start).
Of course, I could be wrong about this but I've seen a pattern lately. Had a few sales lately but that's surprising. Good but surprising. I hope you make more sales though, you seem to have very cool stuff. Prayers said, God's there. 🙂

Message 15 of 95
latest reply