cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales lately.

Suddenly no sales.  Seems unusual.  Has eBay made a change that might cause this?

Message 1 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: No sales lately.

We all see you have no sales on this ID. With out pictures it means nothing

Message 106 of 138
latest reply

Not sure what you mean.  eBay cheerleaders?  What?  A quiver is for arrows or shaking as in tremors...why is it not a desired word?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 107 of 138
latest reply

Yes, we've been pointing out that there are issues with eBay's search engine, but cheerleaders keep saying that things that nobody wants won't sell.
As you cited, if that's true, it seems there's a problem with eBay's search engine again, and we're going to see another drop in sales.

Message 108 of 138
latest reply

ebay's search algorithm has increasingly become an ever changing  mystery.   I doubt that anyone outside of ebay's inner sanctum could explain how it works, and that does not include their so-called "technical support". 

Message 109 of 138
latest reply

@tori_729 wrote:

And right after I posting here, I finally get a sale after four days. 😂 😂

Ebay must have turned "ON" your sales switch.    😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 110 of 138
latest reply

@debk255 wrote:

If that's true, then please explain to me why I have 8 different active listings for different types of quivers and NONE of them show up in the searches using that word.   NONE.  Not even in my sales management software when I search active listings!   I have reported this to ebay, working my way up through the so called "help" to technical support who PROMISED to fix the issue.   A week later, still the same **bleep**.

Item number please.

I bet you a nickel it will show up for me. 

Message 111 of 138
latest reply

Again, I'll be the first one to admit when I'm wrong.

I searched your store for "quiver" and came back with 0 results.

I searched your store for "quivers" and came back with 8 results.

Your listings all say "quiver".

Very odd indeed.

Now that I've seen this with my own two eyes, I believe there is a problem. 
I was wrong.  My apologies.

Message 112 of 138
latest reply

Exactly the problem.  Most people put in ONE search word, not two.  I found I could see these items if I put in quiver & arrows or other combinations of words in the title, but not just the most common search word for those items, which is QUIVER .  Other products pop up that are quiver accessories, but not my items.   Even in my own sales manager software that ebay provides us (for a fee of course)   does that search word produce any products for me as the seller to know what's in stock.  Not ONE out of 8 listings appears to me as a seller!     Well over a thousand dollars in merchandise just sitting there undiscovered because of ebay's inept so called "help"  Not that I doubt the gal I talked to didn't file a report on it, just that whoever does the fixing does not give a rats ass.     Etsy here we come!  Ebay better get their act together and start supporting their top rated sellers or WE WILL BE GONE.  

Message 113 of 138
latest reply

Do you really think potential buyers are going to search with an item number?  How would they know what that is?  Do you really think that I as a top rated 18 yr veteran ebay seller with over 1300 listings running would actually know the item numbers for each and every item I have online?  Of course not.  As sellers we rely on that selling manager software and specific key search words to locate the status of items we have listed here.  Ebay has dropped the ball BIG TIME here.  I can assure you, it never used to be like this.   SHAME ON EBAY

Message 114 of 138
latest reply

The new updates are just making things worst. The interface becomes basically unusable unless you update your browser. I was having all sorts of issues with buttons and links that were not working. I updated the browser to the most recent version and that fixed the problems. There are several online marketplaces now. Are buyers going to bother to update their browser if the ebay interface is unresponsive?

Message 115 of 138
latest reply

We agree, real slow for the last couple of weeks, unusual for what we sell. And course ebay decided to give themselves a raise(our final fee is now 12.35%), and of course ebay only makes 2-4 billion quarterly, not enough to keep those stock holders happy.  With shipping costs going higher, cost of merchandise, ebay fees, etc.), hard to make a dime.  

Message 116 of 138
latest reply

We agree, real slow for the last couple of weeks, unusual for what we sell. And course ebay decided to give themselves a raise(our final fee is now 12.35%), and ebay only makes 2-4 billion quarterly, not enough to keep those stock holders happy I guess.  With shipping costs going higher, cost of merchandise, ebay fees, etc.), hard to make a dime.  

Message 117 of 138
latest reply

Have to disagree with you on ebay changes, they do have an impact on sales and selling trends.

Message 118 of 138
latest reply

And course ebay decided to give themselves a raise(our final fee is now 12.35%), and of course ebay only makes 2-4 billion quarterly, not enough to keep those stock holders happy.  With shipping costs going higher, cost of merchandise, ebay fees, etc.), hard to make a dime.  

Message 119 of 138
latest reply

My item views are way down the last 2 weeks.  I have made some decent sales due to the selling higher priced items.  We cross post on FB and I end up selling more on that lately which has been very odd.  This has happened off and on for the past 2 years.  What's the cause?  Definitely could be due to eBay updates that are messing up the search settings and other issues.  It also has to do with the economy and uncertainty.  eBay needs to quit tweeking things every few weeks...

Message 120 of 138
latest reply