cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sales for a week

I have a decent amount of items hovering around the 400 mark and never had a huge issue with sales being inconsistant until recently. It’s as if a switch was flipped and I have zero sales. Has anyone else experienced this before and do we know why? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: No sales for a week

That's how sales go, up & down. Like a roller coaster. Completely normal.

It doesn't matter if it is online sales, cold calling sales, inside sales, outside sales. It happens to all of them.

I've been in all forms of sales for 35+ years.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You have been on eBay for awhile but it appears you are fairly new to the selling segment. You have sold 137 items in the last 90 days the last couple of items you sold were on April 18, 19. As aeparts1 stated sales are in a constant state of flux and can be impacted by any multitude of factors both internal and external. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

my sales are down over 60% this month and or 40% for the year compared to last year .. not good , good luck 

ive never had so many zero sale days

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi @bptreasurechest 

In the 15 years i’ve been selling here, i’ve found few weekly corresponding patterns to sales. Monthly is easier to track.

Generally i sell more during the major gift-giving and holiday seasons (Valentines, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Back-to-School, Halloween, and 4th Qtr. Holidays). Sales patterns also depends heavily on what you sell, of course.

But i would go out on a limb to say that having no sales, or diminshed sales, for a few days during April tax season is normal, and not unexpected for retail. 

Looking at your Completed listings, i see your last transaction was on the 19th, which is 5 days ago. Not yet time to worry.

Look at it this way—you have rarely had a lull in sales. This means that you have had a superb run of uninterrupted sales. Congrats!! That is far more unusual than a few days of no sales.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You haven't sold an item since the 19th, it's not been a week.  Hang tight, I predict you will get 2 sales today.   There is little rhyme or reason as to the fluctuation of sales for most eBay sellers.  My sales have been inconsistent all 20 years of selling.  If you need instant cash run a 20% off sale. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the positive take! Some very good points. Season and time of year have a lot to do with it. Thank you for your feedback! 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for the feedback! 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@bptreasurechest 

It tends to me a bit slow after tax time is over.  Just my experience.  Hang in there.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply